Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw an add last night in Shotgun News for BW Optics (I think that was the name) They have a web page, but I forgot the link. If anyone has their SG News near them the add is in the lower left 1/3 of the page in the black and white section. It shows a scope mounted on a M14 and a wild looking recticule on the right side of the add. All I can remember is that IOR is making the scope. Anyone have any input on them? Find the website?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts

Was this the reticle?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
yeah i was gonna link ya.... they dont look so bad. Price isnt horrible for european optics.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey all, well I'm finally off tour and can start to relax again.
Can't wait to hit the range!!

Caver,
I've got the 10X BW optic Scope affixed to one of my M14's

The adjustments are good and the glass is on par with a leupold VXIII. I really like the Y-tac reticle.
Here is the deal. Once It's zeroed it works great with 168gr and 174gr bullets but as soon as you shoot lighter rounds the reticle post extenstions become less accurate the father out you shoot. To correct the problem just use the turrets for windage and elevation after about 300 yards with say 143gr bullets.
Mounting it was a pain in the butt so I sent it off to my gunsmith. He ended up using a norinco m14 mount with night force rings. Mounting that thing cost me like $300.00 when all was said and done so there really was no deal to be had there.
I paid about $650-$700.00{new} US for the scope. It was at a gunshow on the last day and everyone was in the" I'd rather sell it for cheap than take it home" mood
all in all good scope for reasonable money.{ Try to find one at the 650-700 range} I feel that there are other manufatures out there that produce better glass for the $1000.00 price tag I see on website.
The Y-tac is cool and very useful for 200-600 yard shooting. After that all that stuff just gets in the way.
Hope this helps,
cheers
Kenshin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts