Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i wanna make my rifle like a Gillie Suit of its on... i figured that like this would give me practice for the Big Gillie Suit ima make for me.... i got a few questoins..first off...what do i wrap my scope and rfle in.....then how do i sew on chute or burlap.....or what do i do to get it on.....i will be in Wooded Terrain with pinneedles Dry leaves...and i will have some green too..... Any pictures of what you have done to your rifle or pictures of what you tthink i should do would help alot...thanks..and by the way...ive been talking to spade and ima spend my 100 dollars on a bipod ...and 100FMJ ammo and m new scope rings....ill let you guys know the groups my mossberg 30-06 puts out...
thanks once again..

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Well, first suggestion, spend $10 on a SC membership and look at the ghillie section. I give some suggestions, and even provide pictures. :D

Now, to answer the question a bit better than that. You do not want to permanently attach anything to your rifle. The camo you will apply needs to be temporary, and the easy what to do that is to wrap the rifle with several strips of burlap of various colors. You do not want to wrap stock to barrel, it can effect harmonics, if you have no choice, do it losely. Its fine to go scope to stock. You'll want to go as far back on the rifle as necessary to blend with your ghillie. Usually to right in front of the trigger guard is good, but you'll have to experiment. There are some other things you can do also that might work, like camo netting, etc. But I prefer burlap strips.

MEL

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey mel.....hahai would buy an sc emember ship but im only gunna have 100 bucks and i gotta buy a brick of ammo and a bipod and my scope rings...my moms gotta help me....but i will get amembership sooner or later....do i buy chute and berlap at walmart?.....and ima be hunting in wooded areass..with lots of pineneedles dry leaves....pinetrees..some talls weat grass..like food plots and such.....So i just take the jute and burlap and wrap it......what about like stuff dangling....to make the gun sort of move witht the envirement...and how can i get it to stay...and still look clean...cuz i dont want to do a half assed job on it..i reallly want it to be good..

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Yes, thats the link to membership signup.

The ghillie section is done
Mil-dots section will be done tomorrow
Advanced ballistics and members gallery are up after that.

After these first few pages, the rate of new content being released will slow down a bit as I get back on the sniper sim project.

Of course, the montly newsletter is part of the membership also, and no banner ads when logged in :D and some more things coming in the future

In terms of the jute/burlap, yes, you can get that from walmart or other fabric locations. There are generally several different colors from which to chose. You can leave some long pieces to "Sway" but not too long, they'll just get in the way and cause problems.

MEL

·
Registered
383 Posts
I never used strips longer than 5"

They get caught up in the bush is they are too long. One trick we used with strips:

Hang the rifle vert so the strips are flowing one direction, perferably away from barrel toward stock. Start at the top and spiral some hollow 550 around to secure the strips in place "flat" against the rifle. Put a good knot on the end. Party time? Cut the 550.

I pefer'ed to use brown strips as I can color them with marker / paint to match the mission, or use the stripts to attach vegitation.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey...can you email me pictures of what your stuff looks like?

·
Registered
365 Posts
USe jute instead of burlap for making suites. Burlap takes a crap load of tiem to fray and you loose A LOT of burlap. Jute just is much easier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts