Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a new book out called "DPM: Disruptive Pattern Material." Is put out by the Hardy Blechman and while there is a definite anti-war slant to the book, at 944 pages with more than 5,000 images and camo swatches, it is the most complete and thorough look at camouflage ever put into print.

The three sections cover: nature, military and culture.

The book covers the complete history of camo and the artists who created it.

This is definitely an artist's look into the world of camouflage and it is not impartial, but it is detailed.

The UK edition has a lot of extras that the US version doesn't.

You can get it at http://www.dpmhi.com/

Or if you want to shop around for better prices:
ISBN: 0-9543404-0-X UK
ISBN: 0-9543404-0-X US

Thought maybe there would be some interest here.

-snowy

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Great find!! Thx for posting it. 8)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I will order mine... but i have one question. How many American dollors is £100.00? :oops: Hope the exchange rate isnt to bad... :)

BC

·
Registered
448 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
:shock: HOLY HEADACHE BATMAN :shock:

Im not sure if i want it that bad... :? I could buy alot of match ammo with that much pocket change...

BC

·
Registered
448 Posts
Or material to make your very own camo suit for whatever you want to do with it.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I allready have 4 Ghillie suites... and im currently in the process of making a Rifle Ghillie. Made my first Ghillie when i was in high school JROTC. Still have it... but i dont ever use it.

BC

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like I said it is more than 900 pages long. Many of the photos in the book have never been published before and it is only being sold in a short run.

Not exactly a toss around paper back.

I'm thinking of buying it.

If I do, I'll let you know if it is any good.

-snowy

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Feed back on the book would be much apreciated... its around $200... so i would like to know from some one if its really worth it or not.

BC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts