Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

should I go into more detail about how to do this?

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
that stuff looks really nice on rifles. ive been meaning to get my rifle painted but i wasnt sure what i wanted to do with it. maybe ill end up using something like this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am looking to putting a camo paint on my savage .308 but what to check and see how hard it would be to get the paint back off the rilfe if I wanted to? And how would it effect the stock finish? And the finish on my barrel if I choose to paint that would the paint come off that every easy and would it be effected?

Thanks for all the help just want some advice before painting the rifle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well I see that most people on here do it with rattle cans so I was probably going to go look at some different brands.

What would be recommended

·
Registered
60 Posts
very good idea.

·
Registered
1 Posts
DCP_1980.JPG

I have been using cedar branches for my stencil. I also use a textured paint for the base coat which gives a sandy non-slip texture. I like the straw method and plan to experiment some now. the skulls are cool and I can see air soft and paintball players going for that.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I really like this method for where I live I think this would be better than your standard leaves camo

·
Registered
101 Posts
Looks good was it pretty easy?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Took a little practice on a shovel and ax handles until i got the color the way i wanted. Not super technical but takes time to prep

·
Registered
101 Posts
Turkey season is coming up so I think I'll try this on my shotgun this weekend

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you feel competent enough, durcoat is an excellent option for base layer, you can apparently krylon over top the duracoat and wipe off the krylon after if you decide to change color/pattern

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine didn't turn out as well as I'd like.
Before
uploadfromtaptalk1394916798277.jpg
After
uploadfromtaptalk1394916765445.jpg

·
Registered
101 Posts
Don't know why I wouldn't let me upload in the last message uploadfromtaptalk1394917544053.jpg

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would rather it turned it out like this one uploadfromtaptalk1394932940397.jpg

21 - 40 of 45 Posts