Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently just acquired a rifle for a smokin deal and can't seem to get any accurate info on the weapon. Would like to find out what model the weapon is at least and/or a brief overview on the weapons history of available.

1. Weapon is stamped SAINT HUBERT CO. on the right side of the receiver
2. Made in England
3. Stamped BNP with a crown overhead on the left side of the receiver
4. Chambered in 7mm Rem. Mag
5. Also stamped on receiver is WASSECA, MINN.

And on another note, I cannot figure out for the life of me how to take the dang bolt out, lol. I've never encountered this problem in my life on any rifle.

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
372 Posts
If you know nothing about this rifle how do you know you got a killer deal. A cabelas has one on sale for 499.

This is from using Google this is from a different person answering someone else question

Hello Sue.
I have found many opinions dealing with the 'ST.HUBERT' English rifle. Putting pieces together, along with some history of St. Hubert (Saint of Hunters), this is what I came up with. First, the action was most likely manufactured in Belgium by FN, and sent to the British arms company BSA. These actions were then imported into the U.S. by Herters of Waseca, Minnesota in the 1960's. It is said that the barrels and stocks were added by Herters, and that Herters used the name 'St. Hubert' on some of their rifles. However, most of the information shows that the words 'WASECA,MINN' are included on the barrels. If there are no other markings, numbers, or crests on your rifle, it may have been completely assembled in England by BSA and brought to the U.S. by an individual.
St. Hubert was from Liege, Belgium. He was named a saint in 708 A.D. and died on May 30, 727 A.D. Rifle action manufactured in Belgium? Has the name 'ST. HUBERT' on it? Is it a coincidence, or a clue?
I hope the information I have given you will be of use, should you decide to do more research on your own. Thank you for asking for me. Charles Gage

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
It appears that the stock is either refinished or not original to the rifle. It is in much better shape Than the metal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you know nothing about this rifle how do you know you got a killer deal. A cabelas has one on sale for 499.

This is from using Google this is from a different person answering someone else question

Hello Sue.
I have found many opinions dealing with the 'ST.HUBERT' English rifle. Putting pieces together, along with some history of St. Hubert (Saint of Hunters), this is what I came up with. First, the action was most likely manufactured in Belgium by FN, and sent to the British arms company BSA. These actions were then imported into the U.S. by Herters of Waseca, Minnesota in the 1960's. It is said that the barrels and stocks were added by Herters, and that Herters used the name 'St. Hubert' on some of their rifles. However, most of the information shows that the words 'WASECA,MINN' are included on the barrels. If there are no other markings, numbers, or crests on your rifle, it may have been completely assembled in England by BSA and brought to the U.S. by an individual.
St. Hubert was from Liege, Belgium. He was named a saint in 708 A.D. and died on May 30, 727 A.D. Rifle action manufactured in Belgium? Has the name 'ST. HUBERT' on it? Is it a coincidence, or a clue?
I hope the information I have given you will be of use, should you decide to do more research on your own. Thank you for asking for me. Charles Gage
It appears that the stock is either refinished or not original to the rifle. It is in much better shape Than the metal.

Hello Sue.
I have A rifle with herters Inc waseca Minn stamped twice in the same spot on one side of the Barrell. And BNP under either. Has a crown stamped above. The other side hase made in England. Recoil pad designed in Belguim. Universal Scope from Japan. Bolt # 15062. Know anything about this??

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have A rifle with herters Inc waseca Minn stamped twice in the same spot on one side of the Barrell. And BNP under either. Has a crown stamped above. The other side hase made in England. Recoil pad designed in Belguim. Universal Scope from Japan. Bolt # 15062. Know anything about this??

Hello Sue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts