Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all terrible start trying to introduce myself as a new member and can't find out how to, still about me been shooting since 4 or 5 years old started with an air rifle moved on to 9mm, 7.62 NATO / .308, then on to my beautiful stainless Ruger Redhawk in .44 Mag surrendered after the governments knee jerk reaction after the Dunblane tragedy

Just starting to get back in to shooting and when lockdown ends GMP can complete my home security check and then with a fair wind become the owner of a nice new FAC then it is straight to the gun shop for a Howa 1500 APC chassis. So that is me in a nutshell

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome from Texas! I can’t imagine how it would be to “live” under such laws. My heart goes out to you, and prayers as always. We’ve got a good bunch of folks in here, and lots of knowledge. I’m glad to meet you, and look forward to hearing and seeing your posts/pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the warm welcome, I look forward to going through the forums and gleaning all the accumulated knowledge you all have.
I totally agree the gun laws in the UK are draconian, it seems that the when the public make numerous complaints to the police about gun owners no action is ever taken. Three cases below show this.
When the person who has been complained about and three cases spring to mind are of a mass shooting in
Hereford, the police received numerous complaints about the guy and did nothing the government of the time knee jerked and banned semi auto rifles, then Dunblane again numerous complaints nothing done the government knee jerked again and all pistols and revolvers of normal size were banned now they have to have barrels of 12 inches minimum and lastly the young woman MP who was shot and a huge manhunt had to take place and again the police took no action about the complaints received resulting in the young woman's death leaving her children motherless and her husband to tell the children why mum had been killed and surprisingly enough in all three instances no action was taken against the relevant police forces no compensation for the remaining family members no reasons put forward why they had not acted on the complaints

1 - 3 of 3 Posts