Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not a big fan of the chandlers

Not a very big fan of the chandlers, sure they build superb rifles but the chandlers rape 2nd marine division Scout Snipers of their stories for their death from afar books and give nothing back to the Scout sniper community. All the money they make off of them books and they cant toss a little gear or a rifle back to the operators who the bank off of.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is my first post on SniperCentral and I ask for your collective understanding if my question/answer has been chewed and digested many times before.

I direct this question to members who have had hands-on experience with the following sniper systems:

Norm Chandler's (Iron Brigade Armory) Sniper Rifle; vs
Accuracy International's AWM

Both in .338 Lapua.

If after addressing the issue of which rifle may be preferrable please address the issue of the "ultimate sniping scope" to be placed upon the above.

I will be using the system to shoot both formally and informally at distances up to 1,000 yards. The main issues that I would appreciate being addressed are those of design, quality, and longevity or durability. Price is not an issue; I have rarely made that statement before as price can be an issue.

Thanks for helping me out with the purchase of my newest rifle. After I decide which system to order I will immediately place my order.

PeregrineAloft
Actually, its amazing to even see That Col. Chandler's (Iron Brigade Armory) Sniper Rifle is even mentioned on a civilian web site. But its not "Norm Chandler" (like he is your buddy or something) its actually respectfully said "Col. Chandler's Sniper Rifle". Considering that The Honorable Marine Corps Col. Sniper wrote 5 books on the subject of sniping (Death From Afar) and not only built the best rifles of that time period/day, He actually trained tier 1 operators at the Black Water facility to take these military grade platforms"Chandler Rifles" (which he built from 700 Rem base.) out to their respected theaters. Those of us who bought the rare Col. Chandler Rifles knew that we could trust our lives on them because of the Colonel's Honor and Reputation and because of the combat durability and accuracy of the Chandler Rifles. We were not taking the rifles to a competition range but rather to save lives out in real combat zones. The Rifles did not come off of some civilian assembly line but rather were hand crafted by a real sniper (Col. Chandler) to impeccable standards of the marine corps then was added a real snipers touch to it. So after black water I took one of his rifles to the OIF Theater. There may be more accurate rifles out there by now,... and I don't give a damn , all I know is I am thankful for Colonel Chandler's training and His rifle that he imparted to me. saved my life. Its a military Honor thing, to which the "expert"civilians may never know or understand, mainly because steel targets don't shoot back.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts