Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't hate me if your nose curls up at that name but I've ran across their website and they make a left-handed Mauser action & barrel set!!! Does anyone have experience with this companyies rifles? I had previously resigned myself to buying a savage when the time came. But I had an encounter with a well made mauser actioned varmint gun one day in at a Gander Mountain...now I gotta at least try to my hands on a mauser :D Also, they don't offer completed guns in LH...will I have to get a truely custom stock for a LH mauser? I'd also be limited to 30-06

http://www.charlesdaly.com/HTML/product ... rreled.asp

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I baught a charles daly shotgun as one of my first. It was a complete piece of ****. I regret it every day. As soon as the barrel got hot it would misfire about every 3rd or 4th shell. I sent the gun back to them 4 times and the mother fucker NEVER got fixed.

I wouldnt trust it man.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Ah, only the finest of Turkish Sweatshop labour

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
actually charles daly is owned by KBI industries.. which i think is brazilian. someone correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If I recall, Charles Daley doesn't manufacture anything, but rather is a firm that re-badges weapons for importation.

I've only have experiance with a friends CD Browning Hi-Power clone, and it was as accurate and reliable as my Browning made Hi-Power.

(I'm not a big fan of Savages, but I would buy one in a micro-second if I couldn't afford a Remmy..)

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Makes sense, Gunman. A lot of the cheaper shotguns like Charles Daly and Stoeger have some of theirs made in Turkey. I'm forgetting a couple other companies. My Stoeger O/U was made in Brazil though

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Their mausers are Yugos, and are supposed to be pretty good. They are made in the same factory I think as the Surplus Yugos were made in 40 years ago. If they are as good as the old yugos they will be nice.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It's not just Charles Daly who is bringing in Turkish weapons.

Remington even has a new line they call "Spartan" that will provide durable, affordable, if lackluster, weapons from Russia and Turkey to the American public. Hopefully, these inexpensive weapons may start a whole new generation of shooters who would otherwise shy away from pricey domestic products.

Like I said, if I was short of scratch but wanted to try tactical-style, long-range shooting.....I'd probably try a heavy barreled Savage first. Or start with a very reasonably priced Remington M700 ADL from a big discount chain like Wallmart.

But a mauser-clone might also fill the bill.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Yep, thats right...same factory made the yugo mauser military rifles, the charles daly rifles, and the interarms mark X...Preduzece, Zastava state arsenal...I think a B-2 Spirit took it out in 1999, but I am not sure.

I'd be pretty happy with one of those mausers, or a savage, or a Remmy 700ADL. Almost bought an ADL with the camo stock and Leupold rings included to build on instead of my mauser project...Looked nice though, and I actually wouldn't have wanted to change it any. Too many guys buy a new remmy and mess with it straight off without bothering to see how it runs out of the box. I like accuracy as much as the next guy, but it ain't the biggest factor in my sporting rifles. Running my heavy ass up a mountain has never been conductive to anything but minute of pie plate accuracy, but that suffices on big game.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Ive noticed that most of charles daly's stuff is hit or miss. Either you get a great one or it doesnt function properly. As cheap as mausers are, id get one that i knew i could trust..

P.S. Muzzle you know damn well your heavy ass aint ever run up no mountain :lol: :wink: :!:

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Buy the 700, and build up a mauser like Mlammers is, really ain't costing him too much and he'll have a great shooter. Shows you can do it without throwing too much cash at the problem.

I'm in the middle of the Canadian Shield dude, runnin up mountains is how we pass the time when theres no NHL season :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Zastavamauser.JPG I know this is several years old, but I purchased a Zastava made Charles Daly mauser barreled action several years ago and it is a very good shooter. The bluing is awesome on it also. I finished the stock from a Richards Microfit stock kit. it's a .308.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Howdy johnny332!
Yep they are good rifles. As I said in another post here that I have four of them (had a .25-06 but now a young friend owns it) .338-06, .30-06, 7mm Rem. Mag. and another 7mm Rem Mag that I will rebarrel/rechamber in 6.5 Rem. Mag this year some time. Though they are the Interarms Mark X versions which are the same as the Charles Daly and the Remington Model 798's.

View attachment 2951 I know this is several years old, but I purchased a Zastava made Charles Daly mauser barreled action several years ago and it is a very good shooter. The bluing is awesome on it also. I finished the stock from a Richards Microfit stock kit. it's a .308.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts