Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
well, the stock in that link doesn't look much like the psg1 ...but it is effing sick looking.

-Brian Shields

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
We talked about this stock in another thread, and yes, I like it a lot! If I build a SC-AR or some sort, I would like to use this stock. But then again, it sounds like it may be a long time before I'd be able to get one (with the attention its getting).

But then again, with all the other projects ahead of the AR, it may be a while before I am ready!

MEL

·
Registered
14 Posts
im waiting for that stock to come out too.

rich at magpul said it might be awhile though since they are just now getting out the revised m93 stocks which took them what seem like forever from there eta date.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Stock

It works the same as PSG-1 stock and sort of but not really resembles a PSG-1 stock, but most of all, that is one very cool looking stock, very good choice.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will be available in august and will be priced around $250. I talked with magpul on friday and that is the latest news that I have. SD

·
Registered
140 Posts
Will this stock also be available in .308 AR-10 and not just .223 AR-15?

The Rifleman

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Doesn't the AR-10 take the same stock? I assumed they would be interchangable.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Rifleman

This stock will work for the 308 with a regular buffer and spring. This stock has a full length buffer tube, unlike their other stocks.

APK

The stocks are interchangeable between the two. But, if you are using a collapsible stock, you must use a special buffer and cut down the buffer spring so that it will cycle properly. There are also one inch extensions that you can put between the stock and the receiver that enable you to use a regular AR10 buffer and spring. You end up spending about the same no matter which route you go. ~75-100 bucks.

John

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks for the info. Thats why i asked, wasnt sure if it uses a full length tube or a collapsable one or what was up with it internally. Thanks for the info.

The Rifleman

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I pestered Magpul for an update, and they are still planning for the stock to be available at the end of August.

John

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Just gave Magpul another call. Schedule is still pretty darn close to what they had previously stated. They plan to have units in their hands to play with by the end of August, and to have units shipping out in the beginning of September.

The but plate is initially going to be machined aluminum. They are working on a ruber cover it. Also I read awhile ago that some of the parts will be machined aluminum, like the adjustment wheel for the cheakpiece, and some other small items like that. Apparentyl those may change to injection molded parts at a later date. Personally I think the aluminum ones, albeit more costly, will be a nicer quality.

John

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Status Update - 2 more weeks until they begin shipping the stocks. They are still not planning on doing any pre-orders.

John

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Anyone know what the price will be yet?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts