Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a choate sniper stock for my winchester 70. After recieveing the stock I realized that it was not precut for a hinged floorplate magaizine. I don't know if this is standard or if choate make a stock specifically for the winchester with a hinged floor plate. Anybody here know? Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have 2 Chaote stocks a varmint and a sniper and both are blind magazine stocks and as far as I know neither stock is available with inletting for floor plate or detachable magazine application.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
They're all blind magazine. If your spring has trouble staying in that little space for it, call Choate and they will exchange the stock for a newer model.

Mine was a couple years old and I guess they do things differently now. Helps to install it upside down too. IE: with the rifle on the bottom and the stock on the top.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
They do make a version for remington detachable box rifles, but all the rest are bling magazines (as the others have mentioned)

MEL

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I talked to choate this morning and found out that all I have to do is mount the sping and follower in the stock. Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts