Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures of my new stock. Just got it in today. Cant wait to take it out and put some rounds down range.

I will let you all know how she shoots as soon as I get time to make it to the range. With the full length aluminum bedding and free floating barrel it should shoot much better than the houge stock. First impressions are good. It is much nicer than my old B&C stock

--Adam

·
Registered
87 Posts
That's nice! What did the stock go for if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it for 188.99 and with shipping it was just under 200. I do not think you can find a much better stock for the money. The true test will be how she shoots ;)

--Adam

·
Registered
7 Posts
i am about to order a B&C stock in a week or 2, but i noticed u had one on that rifle before and say that this one is nicer, care to elaborate for me? the price is also bout $30 cheaper than i can get a B&C for which also caught my eye.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I am employing the choate tactical on my savage and have nothing but praise for it, its a great stock, a lil heavy, but by only 1lb, not too bad. You wont be disappointed. I got mine back when they were like 149.99, now the prices have jumped, I'm lucky, plus I felt I was a tester, I got mine back when there was zero info on the web regarding it, took a chance and came out quite surprised. I plan on skim bedding the alum bedding block too, just to squeeze as much accuracy out of it I can.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice stock, no more flexing... That is the one thing that drives me nuts about my SPS Tactical. One of these days when I have some cash that needs to be spent I'll upgrade.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I left my Rem stock on my SPS, but added another cheek piece from the parts bin, reworked the gun end to end and stuck on Millet 4 X 16 Tac glass on it and it shoots consistent .5 M.O.A. on a bad day.-SDH

·
Registered
35 Posts
SDH1903 said:
I left my Rem stock on my SPS, but added another cheek piece from the parts bin, reworked the gun end to end and stuck on Millet 4 X 16 Tac glass on it and it shoots consistent .5 M.O.A. on a bad day.-SDH
I've got the Millet TRS-1 on mine, great glass for the price. Need to find a range closer than my dad's place, which is about an hour away, need to get some more trigger time behind it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The scope is a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18. Still have yet to shoot it I am going to try to get out tomorrow if the weather is nice.

--Adam

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Follow Up

Sorry for the delay. I have been very busy lately and finally got some time to head to the range today. I just started reloading and worked up 5 different loads 10 rounds each and headed to the range.

Today the weather was in the 40 - 50 mark with 15-20 mph winds.... Not the best conditions but it do not get much to time head to the range right now.

The best load was as follows:

Hornady Match 308 Brass
168gn Hornady BTHP Moly
43.2gn Varget
Remington Primers
OAL = 2.8"

A close second was all the same components with 40.4gn or Varget.

Here is the group (5 shots) from 103 yrds according to the range finder.

Group is .73" for outside to outside
Center to Center was .42"

I am very happy with the groups. I had several groups right a .5" today but this was the best one. I also forgot my shooting bags today so I was shooting off the bipod with no rear support in high winds. I want to get out on a calm day and see if I can get the groups under .4"

Love the stock so far :)

-- Adam

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey!

The stock looks awesome! I am going to buy me one for my SPS Varmint... soon :) Just wondering from where you got it.

Regards Petter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Widowmaker, don't know about all buckmasters, but the 6-18x comes with two sets, the tac knobs being one of them. First post, just joined a few days ago but I've been reading for awhile and I had something to finally contribute. Seems everybody is real friendly and helpful. Looking forward to starting my own project soon, so expect some questions. 8)

·
Registered
999 Posts
txonmymind said:
Widowmaker, don't know about all buckmasters, but the 6-18x comes with two sets, the tac knobs being one of them. First post, just joined a few days ago but I've been reading for awhile and I had something to finally contribute. Seems everybody is real friendly and helpful. Looking forward to starting my own project soon, so expect some questions. 8)
Thanks for that info.i was curious.Thanks

~R

1 - 19 of 19 Posts