Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On saturday I just picked up a National Match M14 on loan from the CMP for use in this years high power competitions. I plan to fire in as many events as I can (most are on sundays, which I will not compete in) and more importantly it gives me a chance to really get to know the M14. This will be great as I prepare to possibly build a SC-DMR.

MEL

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Oh now thats farkin pimp. Let us know what your first impressions are of it aight man?

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
This thread is worthless without photo's :D

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Eka, did you ever post any pics of your M14? :lol:

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Yea, but here they are again.

Notice the lack of bayonet lug, and the flash suppresser is replaced with a muzzel brake to make it California legal. Taking those off makes it a much less evil weapon, and makes me less prone to go on a shooting spree.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Putting a bayonet on that rifle would twist your mind up, and make you go cold steel on the mall when it's packed with the elderly. Bad assault weapon, bad!

Thanks for the pics, I missed out on them the first go-round.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The "California legal" muzzle break actually works better than the traditional "Flash supressor" on the M-14 style rifles. Thats why Springfield Armory stuck the muzzle break on the M-25 Carlos Hathcock rifle and not the "flash supressor".

The Rifleman

1 - 10 of 10 Posts