Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Run accross a colt combat commander in SS yesterday. I have had a couple of 1911's I have never fired the combat commander. Anyone have any experance. I am not even going to try to justfy this one, I just want it. Not that I have any money, but well we will see.

Anyway how is the accuracy on these? Any other + or - on the short version of the 1911 would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The shorter barrel does not drop velocity to an appreciable degree. About 50 fps with some types of load.
The shorter slide does not contribute much to concealability; it does allow sitting down without discomfort when using certain inside the pants holsters.
The slightly shorter sight radius can be a blessing, in tht front sight wobble is slightly lessened.
It has a slightly faster draw time and is just a bit easier to hold steady, but if you are used to the GM it may take a few shots to get used tot he handling. The light weight Commander is especially hard to switch to from a GM. With a LW, you may find that you have not been holding your GM tightly enough if you feel the torque.

·
Registered
314 Posts
my buddy has got one, we go shooting all the time. Ive got the chance to compare it to my kimber tle and personally I like the way the kimber shoots better but thats my opinion. as for shooting it, it held up with some nice groups keep in mind im not the best shot but I can usually put the holes where I want em :lol:

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went back to get it and it was already sold. :(

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went back to get it and it was already sold. :(

·
Registered
314 Posts
I feel ya, I hate it when someone comes along and completely distroys your chance to have yet another impuls buy :(

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Recoil said:
That sucks eka, I feel for you man... :(

If I had a buck for every time that's happened to me, I could buy all of us an SC1. :lol:
you might not have the money but you should seriously consider it...a donation to the poor....pwetty pwetty pweese recoil.....???

dom

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Recoil said:
hypno02 said:
you might not have the money but you should seriously consider it...a donation to the poor....pwetty pwetty pweese recoil.....???
Here's a tip: get a job. :)
cant--not old enough

dom

·
Registered
314 Posts
Recoil said:
If I had a buck for every time that's happened to me, I could buy all of us an SC1. :lol:
sounds like you need to start bringing a wad of cash or a credit card with ya every time you go to the gun shop cause 1500 disappointments geese you must be walking around every day with a broken heart (jk)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Recoil said:
That sucks eka, I feel for you man... :(

I'd gladly contribute to that fund if it gets me an SC1 :wink:

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
id do anything to own a springfield 1911.....specially one of those that cost like $1,600

dom

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
id do anything to own a springfield 1911.....specially one of those that cost like $1,600

srry for the double post :oops:

dom

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
The main gun store I go to has a weekend where a bunch of different manufacturers come out to show off all the essential items that you just can't live without. Springfield always has crazy deals, with a bunch of different models at a very droolable price. The manager over there has told me that the pricing is usually below what he could personally buy them for through his store, and he gets some damn good pricing.

So......The moral of the story is, try to check out any of these type of gun shows that springfield will be at, you may hit one that has some good deals.

John

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
wow meema... for $3000 bucks those better be pretty damned nice

dom

1 - 20 of 22 Posts