Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This combination of a Vortex Strike Eagle 6-24x50 scope and a Vortex Strikefire red dot laser allows me to seamlessly shift from long to short distance target acquisition. Installed using Vortex 45 degree side mount (left side), without any additional hardware or accessories. While a tight fit, the install was quick and relatively easy, using only the tools and hex keys supplied with red dot laser and 45 degree side mount accessories.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This combination of a Vortex Strike Eagle 6-24x50 scope and a Vortex Strikefire red dot laser allows me to seamlessly shift from long to short distance target acquisition. Installed using Vortex 45 degree side mount (left side), without any additional hardware or accessories. While a tight fit, the install was quick and relatively easy, using only the tools and hex keys supplied with red dot laser and 45 degree side mount accessories.
The rifle pictured here is a 300 AAC Blackout with a fluted 18” fluted sniper barrel.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I put flip up sights at a 45 degree angle on my LD scoped shooter for up close engagement. I could have put a red dot there but I didn't want that much extra weight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put flip up sights at a 45 degree angle on my LD scoped shooter for up close engagement. I could have put a red dot there but I didn't want that much extra weight.
The Vortex is only 6-8 ounces, but it’s not as stable as I’d like. To firm it up, I’ve put 3 black 1/8” rubber bands around it and the rifle scope. Seems more stable now

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Vortex is only 6-8 ounces, but it’s not as stable as I’d like. To firm it up, I’ve put 3 black 1/8” rubber bands around it and the rifle scope. Seems more stable now
8.4 ounces to be exact

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
8.4 ounces to be exact
Took it to the range today, and calibrated the red dot to the scope cross hairs. Found it interesting when switching from one view to the other. Was able to keep both eyes open, which allowed me to swap views without moving my head. Very impressed with this little experiment 😬

1 - 8 of 8 Posts