Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It snapped off one day :( and now I gotta replace it. what type of shape would you suggest I use? It cant be fancy because my woodwork sucks. IM thinking a blockish shape

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
you can buy general wood blanks for it, and just hone them smooth i would imagine.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
shouldn't take much more than sandpaper, a chisel, and a dremel. Of course, you could have it bedded if you remove too much wood 8)

·
Registered
263 Posts
It cant be fancy because my woodwork sucks
Man, it just takes a little training! Besides, you'll have unique custom stock on your rifle :wink: Overall rectangular shape is good idea, work on your cheekpiece, grip and forearm first. You can always remove excess wood to gain better weight distribution.

BTW, what kind of rifle it is (I mean, compressed air or something)?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I belive its a break-barrel single shot pellet rifle.

·
Registered
263 Posts
As you saw in another recent post, most folks here just aren't interested in air rifles, air soft , paintball and other "non-real gun" subjects
:lol: Man, I seroiusly hope none of our LE training instructors will see that, airsoft is damn popular for training, even in Russia :wink: Have to admit that you are right overall (damn, you live in US, people. If you one day will have to gain licence for PCP rifle intended for target shooting, you'll feel HOW lucky you are). I'll agree with you about leaving the rifle behind, because
1) I've seen some photos of 880 to get the picture, and have to say that stock will require some serious woodwork ( :D I HATE 2-piece stocks. My friend owned Zauer-200 carbine, and it has worst stock possible)
2) If law and other conditions allowed , and i had 100$ to spent, I would SERIOUSLY consider moving to .22 LR rifle. jc71corvette, you'll be shooter, not a plinker. Believe me, it worth it. And you wont need woodwork also :wink:

Recoil, every time I compare U.S. and RF gun laws and prices, it kills me - .22 LR for 300$, 100$ when used! In Russia, .22 LR Bi-7 biathlon rifle with good quality stock costs around 350$ And you'll have VERY hard time gaining the license. AND you'll end with weapon which is illegal to be used outdoors... Again, a shooter is lucky if he/she lives in U.S. [/b]

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Yeah, Caban. If you ever want to see some of the world when you finish your career, come to one of Mel's gatherings :)

Here's something you might think is pretty cool. The distributor for Russian firearms in my province. www.armrus.com

JC, watch auction sites for a used pelletgun like yours, and try to get a new stock that way, maybe. What Recoil said is pretty good advice though, they just aren't the area of expertise here.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks, people! If one day I travel to U.S., I'll recall your invitations :)

Nice site you pointed out, Muzz. They even have .308 Record in stock, and my beloved Bi7s as well! Though prices are, well, er, high, at least for target rifles.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah makes sense, I could definalty get a better ROF and accuracy heh.

I want bigger than .22, not big as a .308 yet. Has to be $$ range as recoil said. Looking at a 7MM but no idea how much.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

Im done! I got it set up! I got the stock made and attached to it! I just put two steal strips on the stock I made and I had intentions on screwing it on the reciever *tricky have to make sure it dosnt get in the internals* but I didnt have to do that ! ahaah YES! Some how it stays on so tight, I don't know how. But if it works; it works! YEAP!!! I then put on a piece at the end where my arm comes in contact with it. The only thing Ihave left to do is a cheek piece to be more comfy and also so I can put on my pouch. But even with out it it works awsome!

I only got to shoot off one shot and it was a blank, did it around dusk. It felt so dang to get in a fireing position, Breath, Relax, Aim, Squeeze, and Shoot. Then the sound of it going off was SOO beatifull to my ears. Havn't heard it in a long time(a few weeks). It is durable, I can apply BRASS, and most importantly I can relax my muscles, focus on keeping my reticle on the target, and just be comfortable. Ah man I'm so happy! I'm SOOOOOOO going out to my range tomarrow and fire off about 20-30 rounds.

Yeah baby, yeah!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts