Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!!

This computer is possessed with spyware. How do I go about exorcising this machine?

Suggestions?

It'd driving me

Mad

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
ad-aware is crap.... check out a program called spy sweeper.

Spy Sweeper in conjunction with a program called Panda should take care of everything.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only bakooka that I know of his the WW2 German panzerfaust. And I'd love to fire one at this piece of clinton computer.

Were do I find such a thing? Please help. Can I buy any of these programs at a computer store?

Mad

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Nope you need two or three different programs - they are all free. Spybot the true spyware killer; AdAware SE personal edition; Spyware blaster; Spyware guard. They all do different things. Some stop the stuff from being installed; others find it once its been installed.

Get them all, run the update at least once and week.

JeffVN

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
:roll: um, yeah.....

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I've used the programs Spade mentioned and they were kicking ass and taking names. Panda Active Scan was great, its the same as any other anti-viral scan only you do it online and its free.

Also Mad, you might want to go to "run" and type "msconfig"...theres a tab in there that will show you whats running in the background, and another to show what kinda programs open when your computer boots up.

Might have to get rid of them in safe mode tho.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts