Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sat and watched few people run the price up to almost $400 on a counterfeit Zeiss scope, so I figured I'd post something about it. The item was a Zeiss Conquest 6-24x50 Rifle Scope Illuminated Red / Green Reticle AOMC.
1) Zeiss doesn't make a 6-24 in 50mm.
2) Zeiss doesn't have green illuminated reticles
3) Made in China. Little bit of research showed this scope to sold by Falcon Tactical Gear Co.
4) If the deal's too good to be true. It probably is. Otherwise, research and you might get lucky.

Call Zeiss' customer service line at 1-800-441-3005 for questions regarding potential fakes. I reported this one to ebay, but unfortunately they didn't do anything for the unlucky buyer. At least they may have a case already opened by the time he opens his own.

Common counterfeit item descriptions include:
GOLD Scope Carl Zeiss 3-9x40AOMC Multi-X HD Riflescope Sight Aipr quake-proof
GOLD Scope Carl Zeiss 3-9x40 RED/GREEN Reticle Multi-X H Sight Aipr Quake-Proof
Carl Zeiss Rifle Scope 3-12X50 RED/GREEN Reticle Multi-X H Sight Aipr Quake-P
Carl Zeiss Rifle Scope 3-12X50AOMC Red/Green Telescope Sight Aipr quake-proof
Zeiss Rifle Scope 4-16x50AOMC Illuminated RED/GREEN Reticle Multi-X H Sight
Golden Carl Zeiss Rifle Scope 6-24x50AOMC Red/Green Telescope Sight USA New

Reactions: Trikky74

·
Registered
14 Posts
To bad for that dude. I have a Zeiss 4-12-42 on my custom 22-250, I love that scope. unbelievably clear.

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.

If you buy from a reputable dealer you won't have to worry about counterfeit scopes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just sat and watched few people run the price up to almost $400 on a counterfeit Zeiss scope, so I figured I'd post something about it. The item was a Zeiss Conquest 6-24x50 Rifle Scope Illuminated Red / Green Reticle AOMC.
3) Made in China. Little bit of research showed this scope to sold by Falcon Tactical Gear Co.
4) If the deal's too good to be true. It probably is. Otherwise, research and you might get lucky.

Call Zeiss' customer service line at 1-800-441-3005 for questions regarding potential fakes. I reported this one to ebay, but unfortunately they didn't do anything for the unlucky buyer. At least they may have a case already opened by the time he opens his own.

be careful, these scams abound, if there is any question, call zeiss and see if they are an authorized retailer

·
Registered
5 Posts
Zeiss 6-24x50

I ordered one today for $13.50 I knew it wasn't a zeiss but I figured if it was anything like a cvlife it might be worth a try? Then I got a message from eBay saying the users account was suspended so don't know if I'll ever see my scope or my $13.50 again?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have also been looking for a scope for a Bergara 6.5 and have narrowed it down to either a Zeiss or a Swarovski. Thanks for the heads up and I will be sure to qualify the vendor first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
people I have a Zeiss 4-16x40ao mc . In the box brand new it illuminates red and green. Is that a fake?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts