Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out shooting with some buddies of mine the other day and I have just got my new 458 lott out to play with. I had 20 rds for it cause it is
$80 dollars a box of 20 and I was a little tight on cash. We were shootind it at huge trees. We found three trees lined up so I shot at the front one and it went through all three and kept going. I am sure if there had been a fourth that it would of trucked right through it as well. I was shooting 500gr hornady round nose FMJ. Anyways on the 17th rd my stock cracked from the rear tang down the pistol grip and then down the side of the stock. I was suprised as hell cause CZ makes awesome rifles. Well I called CZ as soon as I got to work and they said that they will send me a new stock as soon as I send the other one back. Tomarrow I will take it into work and have our internet guy send the pictures to spade for me so that he can post them for me. I guess with all that recoil what can you expect. SD

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
That broken stock isnt your only problem... Your paying about $25 a box to much for that ammo! All 3 of the local gun stores here have the "Hornady Custom .458 Lott 500 Grain Full Metal Jacket Round Nose" for $54.99 to $59.99 a box of 20. I also have a .458 Lott but mine is an old Ruger.

BC

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate that, actually the ammo I do get very cheap, but I was just saying that it is not cheap to shoot. My bad for saying 80, I had the ammo long before I did the rifle and couldn't remember exactly what it was.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts