Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has any personal experience with this particular sling and what their impressions are far as the functionality of the product for sniper and LE sharpshooter type shooting.

Specifically, is it really that big of an improvement?

http://www.tacticalintervention.com/qui ... eltwo.html

Thanks,

-snowy

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I've never had any personal experience with it, but a few of my good friends are using the Quick Cuff M24 and LOVE it!! I plan on getting one soon, myself!

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I was considering one, but they look expensive and not very comfortable when slung.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, let me know what you think Drew.

Did you order one because you saw them and decided to get one, or did you already decide on this purchase?

-snowy

·
Registered
222 Posts
Getting a sling has been on my mind for a while and this particular one has come up twice now so I thought what the heck it looks good enough. So i got one. My rifle is all black so I got it in black also.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I have used one a little in a .22 match, but not that brand. The good thing is it really helps hold steady when shooting unsupported if used correctly. Far better support than a regular sling.

The down side is it has to be adjusted for best performance, it is uncomfortable to shoot, and you can not sling your rifle over your shoulder with it. It is used to steady tour aim only. It also takes a minute to put on and adjust. IMHO it is not practicle for field work most of the time, but exellant for range use. BTW I am talking about cuff slings in general, I don't know about this perticular brand.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I own one and it is awsome. You put the cuff on and then at a moment's notice you can be in the sling and in position - be it offhand, sitting kneeling, prone, inbetween. It dramativally steadies your position in any position.

Granted shooting with a sling is an acquired skill
(I learned in the USMC - but they had this thing about wanting it so tight your fingers were purple).

I guarantee that iof you go to a tactical shoot or even MEl's back yard this summer and you will do position shooting and be looking for anything that is quickly put in play and helps to steady your position. This is your ticket to happiness. (I got the M24 because it had the mil-spec sling swivels) :D

Acutally I would like to see Mel do a review on Mike's Cuff Sling.

JeffVN

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Great idea! I bet him and the other Sniper Country guys know about this site and all, and it would be a cool review to see.

·
Registered
522 Posts
snowy,

TIS's M24 is superb. I don't shoot a whole lot with it but I prefer it to any other sling I have tried thus far.

Another vote for the M24 quick cuff. 8)

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Jeffvn said:
Acutally I would like to see Mel do a review on Mike's Cuff Sling.
Spade, you reading this?

I must publically thank spade, he has rounded up several items for me to review on the site, saving me a ton of time and effort. Though he may be a bit brash at times when commenting on the forums :wink: he is none the less been a big help and contributor to the site!! Thanks Spade!

MEL

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
yeah I gotcha, lemme get on it.

No appreciation required man, just keep building decent rifles and we'll all keep standing beind you.

·
Registered
522 Posts
spade said:
No appreciation required man, just keep building decent rifles and we'll all keep standing beind you.
+1 8)

As soon as I get past my current situation Mel, I will be at SC's disposal. :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well mine came in today very excited. :D

I put the sucker right on and thought I might snap a few photos. Anyways the quality is superb!!! Very rugged should last a long time. I am pleased with the purchase definitly worth the money if anyone is thinking of buying one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts