Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking at trying to stiffen up my hogue factory stock on my rem 700 tactical. And I've looked everywhere online in what solutions work best. Most of the links no longer work, no real youtube videos showing anything past general epoxy filling which doesn't resolve the issue of fixing the flex in the forearm. This causes the end of the forearm with a bipod to touch the barrel during firing.

I have seen in many forums.. that people try to use carbon arrows, or aluminum rods, threading rods or flat bar/angle/C-channel. But even after doing this. Alot of guys report flexing happening from the front action bolt.

So.. my question, if I were to cut out the action bedding in the stock. Halfway horizontally while on the inside of the stock. To almost sandwhich rods or channel in between at the forearm level. I'd notch it to fit without changing any measurement for the action. And then proceed to epoxy the stock back together as well as removing the ribs in the arm and fill that in with epoxy as well.

Has anyone tried this, and has any one had success to a level where I do not need to dump 250-800 dollars on a repaced stock. In canada. We dont get much American products for a fair price. Lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What you're talking about doing is not worth the effort in my opinion. You run the risk of destroying your stock, then have no choice but to buy another one.

You would be better off using a dremel to open up the barrel channel so it doesn't contact the barrel. Then use devcon epoxy to bed the recoil lug. That's about as good as you're going to get with a hogue stock.

Find a used HS precision or Bell & Carlson. I don't know about up there, but on Ebay they regularly sell for about $200. Probably about the best deal you can get for a stock with an aluminum bedding block. When you buy a new stock sell the hogue to recoup some money.

P.S. I'm sorry you live in Canada, lol.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What you're talking about doing is not worth the effort in my opinion. You run the risk of destroying your stock, then have no choice but to buy another one.

You would be better off using a dremel to open up the barrel channel so it doesn't contact the barrel. Then use devcon epoxy to bed the recoil lug. That's about as good as you're going to get with a hogue stock.

Find a used HS precision or Bell & Carlson. I don't know about up there, but on Ebay they regularly sell for about $200. Probably about the best deal you can get for a stock with an aluminum bedding block. When you buy a new stock sell the hogue to recoup some money.

P.S. I'm sorry you live in Canada, lol.
+1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts