Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The company purchased for evaluation a CZ527 Varmint Synthetic in .223. It is here and ready for review, though we need to scope it... and are debating as to what scope to put on top. Its a toss up between Sightron and Nikon. There will be a review of it also.

MEL

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I picked up the scope for the CZ today. I ended up going with something totally different. The Sightron SII scopes are very nice, but the SI I was looking at just didn't impress me with the optical quality and build quality. Also, they did not have the nikon I wanted (6x42mm monarch) and the other monarchs were very nice (I've used them before, and they are a great scope) but too rich for what I wanted. I looked at some leupolds and nikon buckmasters among others, and eventually settled for a Burris Fullfield II 3-9x with the ballistic plex reticule. The glass was very good, and I've always liked burris optics. I wanted to check out this new reticule and see how useful it might be for sniping. So, look for the writeup and in depth review soon.

MEL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts