Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
I tried this with my RUM and a Sims Vibration Enhancer that I used on my compound bow. It showed some favorable results but it created a "hotspot" in the barrel. And it looked rediculous. People kept asking me at the range what that thing was on my barrel. I just told them it was a gizmo I was trying out. But bottom line is that it did tighten my groups some. if you arent worried about heat dissapation then it's a good idea.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sounds like a snake-oil kind of gizmo.

But who knows, it might work. You coud go down to the local bait and tackle shop and buy ten feet of surgical rubber tubing to wrap around a section of your barrel, I guess, and get the same effect.

I've seen sillier things...

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
These work great for machineguns.... the only problem is keeping the machinegun barrel cool enough to where it wont melt the resonator. Ive tried it on an M-60E4... an M-249 SAW and an M-240G so far. It made it noticably more accurate... but it completly destroyed the resonator. (it got somewhat melted onto the barrel and i had to cut it off) :? I havent tried it on any rifles yet... and dont plan to. All my long range rifles shoot sub .5 MOA allready...

BC

·
Registered
448 Posts
I found it to have some effect. I think I will try it again this weekend since there wont be as many people around to give me crap about that ugly thing on my barrel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts