Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
My SRS is serial number SRS0026XX. As you can see it has the new skins, adjustable cheek piece and monopod. So even though my daughters say I've lost my mind and am crazy I would like to show you that I made the changes.
That is NOT a gen 1 rifle. That is a gen 2 rifle. A late gen2 at that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
To all that read my previous post is I mis-spoke, please do not follow my advice as I am not an expert in this field as others are. Please listen to Greg as after a lengthy conversation with him I can agree with his opinion and mine is faulty. I am sorry to anyone that I misled or offended in my posting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
To all that read my previous post is I mis-spoke, please do not follow my advice as I am not an expert in this field as others are. Please listen to Greg as after a lengthy conversation with him I can agree with his opinion and mine is faulty. I am sorry to anyone that I misled or offended in my posting.
Respect

Reactions: Gunguy308

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The rifles have been able to accept monopods since the first gen. They offered them with or without back then. ... and no you can't just "sell what you don't want" as the genI barrels/extensions are ONLY compatible with genI rifles... and the market for them is abysmally small. The gen1 skins are not compatible with the new modular recoil pad. The genI handguards are not compatible with the new A1 modular handguards. The genI chassis is not compatible with the A1 adjustable cheek. The genI extensions are not compatible with the genII or A1 chassis. No, there is no way to modify the genI to accept the new handguard. No, there is no one modifying the chassis for the adjustable cheek. You may be able to modify the skins to accept the new recoil pad, but it looks like a hatchet job when done and still doesn't work right. New bolts most often don't even function in the genI extensions and the ones that do often don't work right in the chassis. Hell, even brand new A1's can sometimes have bolt fitment issues. I deal with that at least once a month. So you want to try to convince me how a part manufactured nearly 10 years ago is going to mate up with parts created now? You think all desert tech parts are created in house, on the same machines as back then? Sure, DT warranty will try to help a guy out wherever they can, but it can take months... YEARS.

So even if he found a buyer, he'd lose his shorts on the deal and rightfully so... just like the guy trying to sell this package for 5K is going to. ... because he's not going to sell it for $5k unless he finds an idiot. (which there are plenty of)

Lets pretend that I've had this discussion with guys for the last 5 years. Lets pretend that I'm the foremost authority on DT rifles in quite possibly the entire world.

Better yet, don't pretend.

I helped a guy buy a nice gen1 kit for $2500. He's quite happy and at that price is a good deal. I helped another guy buy a used GenII kit for $4000, and it too was a good deal. Though this kit the user posted is NOT a good deal. Pure and simple. If someone tries to sell a SRS-A1 (latest model) they will often get 80% or more of their purchase price back out of it. I've seen some sell for 90% or more of retail. If someone tries to sell a genI they are lucky to get 50%. Sure, you can buy old genI's cheaper... but there's cheap, then there's value. A new rifle is going to be of significantly greater value AND be much more pleasing to shoot.
Orkan, thank you for the info. Where do you find some of these deals? I am seriously thinking about just buying new, but like the idea of saving money, and maybe getting some extras :)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts