Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of doing a digi cam desert theme on my project rifle. THoughts, comments?

p.s.- you have to scroll down a little and click on the thumbnails.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I dont see a link or any pics... but yea a "Digital" desert camo would be cool... ive wanted one ever since MARPAT came out for my LTR.

BC

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, oops, here it is sry

Honestly im not sure how I feel about the desert one, I like the forest one better.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Who is doing the painting? How much is it? Im also very interested in getting my LTR Digital Desert painted...

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ummmmmm........let me check I found that on AR15 dot com

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, found it again but it doesnt say who did it. I emailed him and ill let u know what i find out.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Ok... thanks.

BC

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Hey, thats the work of Skullboy, from CGN right? He must be on AR15.com too

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea i think that is who posted it, but i dont know if he has a website or nething. I want to talk to him about it. How do u guys think my A-5 would look in the desert camo?

·
Registered
238 Posts
just a side question, what was the reasoning behind the inovation of digital camo?(actual question not a debunk on it)

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Works better than old camo as far as I know. Ask BC, he will have some crazy answer for you. :)

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cant get in no password lol, can u post it?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
shikaku said:
just a side question, what was the reasoning behind the inovation of digital camo?(actual question not a debunk on it)
At a distance (approximatly 75 -90 yards) the pixels will be to small for the human eye to sort through... therefor bluring the lines between the colors... and... thus... blending the outline of your body with the background.

BC

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
told ya!! :D

BC I tried addin u to yahoo but it failed, i havent used it in forever, im gonna make a new one. But for now its bigo_usn.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
"DAMAGE INC. CUSTOM CAMO STOCK PAINTING

After experimenting with painting several of my rifles and stocks, I have decided to offer my painting services to other shooters due to the excellent responses I have received regarding my work.

I specialize in painting M14 USGI fiberglass stocks, but will also paint regular fiberglass rifle stocks.

Customers are responsible for packing and shipping the stock to me. Upon completion I will repack and ship. Drop off & pick up from my home is also available.

The price is $120.00 Cdn. per stock with return insured shipping included.

NOTE: There is an additional charge for the Digital Style camo(CADPAT/MARPAT) as it is a lot more time consuming then the normal types of camo.It will depend on the demand for the Digital camo.

For CADPAT/MARPAT Camo add $40.00.

Payment will be by money order only.

The price includes:

-Filling minor scratches, dents, and imperfections.
-Sanding /scuffing of the stock surface.
-Cleaning & degreasing.
-Masking.
-Paint & primer.
-Priming the stock.
-Painting the stock.
-Clear coating the finished paint scheme.
-Repackaging and insured return shipping.
-High-quality digital pics emailed to you.

Selector cutout filled and the retaining pin Mod done for a Norinco action - $25.00 Cdn.

I will be working on an Winter CADPAT, Vietnam Tiger Stripe,British DPM, and maybe a German Flecktarn and various other ideas I get over the next few months as time allows.

Any questions, PLEASE feel free to E-mail or PM me.I will get back to you as soon as I can.

As I do shift work(12 hour days, 4 on/4 off), and have family obligations (two daughters to chase after), plus my own shooting competitions, the time to complete a finished stock/firearm is 3 to 6 weeks depending on how many stocks/firearms I have to do at that time, and what family obligations I have. This allows the paint/primer enough time to cure between coats.The 3 to 6 week time frame does not include Clearcoat curing time. I want the clearcoat to cure for 7 days before shipping back.I will notify you when I have shipped your stock back.

Your patience will be GREATLY appreciated.

The finish has turned out to be durable for normal use. Like anything, if the finish is abused it will scratch, chip, or may be affected by certain solvents or cleaning products. When I clean my rifles, I place a rag/towel over the stock to protect it from solvent drips, etc. I always wipe off any solvent that gets on the finish immediately.

So far I have had no problems with any of the above, but I am very careful when cleaning or working on my firearms. The first stocks I painted, I didn't use a clear coat on them, and they have held up quite well under normal shooting conditions.

Thanks.

SKBY."

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
APK-223 said:
told ya!! :D

BC I tried addin u to yahoo but it failed, i havent used it in forever, im gonna make a new one. But for now its bigo_usn.
I have a few "protection" programs :wink: wich dont allow people to add me... i have to add them. :) I'll add the name "bigo_usn" right now.

BC

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Muzzleblast:

1. Can you do the entire rifle?

2. Can you do just the scope? ( 1 solid color)

3. Will price drop since my stock is new? (so no touch up work is needed)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Do you have pics of your work? If so post a few. :)

BC

1 - 20 of 24 Posts