Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sort of a misleading subject line.
Although, I thought it fit into misc. because of the increase of conflicts in urban areas, it could have some potential recon use.

http://www.tomsnetworking.com/Sections-article106.php

If I'm too left field Mele, intercept some of my cell phone conversations and tell me to knock it off. :wink:

-snowy

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Sounds like fun... if i were a kid with nothing to do. As far as it being used by the government... we have much much better ways wich work much much faster on collecting information from "opfor" computer systems...

BC

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
If you had three of those and some special software, you could triangulate any bluetooth enabled device, which means if you knew the devices mac address connected to a person, you could track the person.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
We actually saw this article a couple of weeks ago. The funny thing we thought was that guy better be careful standing on top of building pointing an object that looks very much like a gun at other buildings. If he's not careful he may have a REAL sniper rifle pointed at him!! :shock: And let me tell you, there are some extremely good snipers working in LA Law Enforcement. :D

MEL

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Yea that thing looks like either a grenade launcher or an RPG tube... if it were black not white in color.

BC

·
Registered
383 Posts
Since waving the BlueSniper around may look threatening, you may want to paint the normally-white antenna bright orange, similar to how toy guns are painted. While this won't win you any awards for looking cool, it may help you avoid being on the receiving end of real gunfire if you use the rifle in rough neighborhoods. Just don't use a metallic paint, since that would interfere with the Bluetooth signal.
You don't goto rough neighborhoods looking for wireless information. You go downtown, where law enforment will shoot you instead.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I didn't think using a rifle stock for that thing was a good idea.

Why not a camera tripod?

-snowy

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
snowy said:
Why not a camera tripod?

-snowy
I guess the BlueTripod wasnt as cool of a name. :)

BC

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm with Snowy. I'd tear that stock off and weld the system to a camera tripod as soon as I opened the box.

I really don't need to be shot now. That's what my planned 'walkaround' in the Balkans is for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts