Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know DPMS does make any true tactical rifles (although my local gun shop owner did think very highly of his dpms and claimed it shot 1/2 in groups at 100 yards) but i am also looking for a good ar-15 and am wondering if they make good rifles? What do you guys think? I am looking at their panther carbine.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
DPMS makes excelent rifles and parts... they are currently manufacturing parts for a few high end "custom" gun companies... such as Wilson Combat. Myself and SPADE both have heavy barreled upper assemblies from DPMS... mine shoot .75 MOA with military FMJ ammo (M-193 55gr FMJBT) and about .3 MOA 5 shot groups (some times under .25 MOA) with Federal 68gr Match ammo @ 100 yards distance. I also built up a custom long range iron sight AR-15 for competition / target shooting use. It has alot of work done to it and i built up the whole rifle for a few pennies under $2,000. Here is the link to the thread i wrote up about that rifle. http://www.snipercentral.com/forums/vie ... php?t=1535

BC

·
Registered
106 Posts
I also reccomend DPMS, I built a carbine sized tack driver with their 16" superbull that the owner swore maintained 3/4 moa to 400 yds with Federal 68 grs. Although I have heard some grumblings about their customer care? Who knows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts