Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to pick up a drag bag, however I don't want it to cost an arm and leg i.e. anything over $210. Right now im looking into a gilati drag bag, anyone have any experince with this bag or advice in general?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Nothing constructive here I'm afraid, I need to reply to your signature!

If something gets mad and starts chasing you and a friend please remember this one thing: trip your friend.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I have the gallati bag/mat. It is very well made, and it was only $135.00 including shipping. The non-slip material works, and it comes with a small pouch for keeping your data book and some other samll gear. It is not a true drag bag (although you can use it for that), but it is very good at what I use it for - hauling either of my two rifles to and from teh range and keeping it safe in teh car.

JeffVN

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I forgot to metion that Topo has one too, and I've not heard him say anything bad about it.

JeffVN

·
Registered
383 Posts
Put on a set of BDU's, slap on some face camo, get that kevlar secured and grab your lethal sewing machine! Some green canvas, heavy nylon and an imagination will do wonders!

Get a dragbag if you plan to use it as such, otherwise, snag a pelican 1750, pack, and or mat seperately. I made my own mat from some extra thick olive canvas quad stiched around a "w"ussy-pad. I put extra "patches" on the sepcific areas that I place myself, for wear protection. Cost about 20-30 bucks (if that), and looks as professional as any of the crap blackhawk or eagle puts out.

I'm a sewing machine ranger. (new sig line perhaps)

But seriously, you could probably get someone who knows how to make patterns to make you one for a dragbag by showing them a pic of the tac-ops dragbag. Then get to sewing!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sewing does sound like a good idea, but then again I don't own a sewing machine and plus i don't know anyone else with a sewing machine.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Go to here.http://www.triadtactical.com
Look for the Killer Gear drag bag. It is a custom bag and is great! Fabricated by a company actually making gear for the real users.
Galati's are inexpensive and you get what you pay for. They are bad Eagle knock offs. I owned a Galati and was not happy with its longevity. Plus, there was no warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts