Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring break is next week and I plan to do a whole lotta shootin' on some BLM land. There aren't any real public long-distance ranges in Nor-Cal, though, so I was thinkin' perhaps some of the So-Cal guys (named above) would be interested in a So-Cal GTG? We can take turns breaking in (i.e. cleaning!!) my 50! ;-)

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
San Diego (760) / Southern Riverside (951) County area, California.

BC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Oh yes... there is a good public range in So-Cal. Check it out... http://www.AngelesRanges.com/ It has hanging steel plates out to 700 yards or so. I know i cant get time off right now... but if your interested there is a dry lake on the way to vegas that is legal to shoot on. Use to go shooting there as a kid. Hopefully its still legal to shoot at... havent been there in 7 years or so.

BC

·
Registered
222 Posts
If we set a place and time there is a good chance I could make it.

There is a place called Bradshaw about 40 mins from where I live. Nothing but desert as far as the eye can see. BC might know of it on one side it is a Military bombing area. At night you get to see some cool stuff.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I wouldnt be wondering around a military impact area... some stuff they are testing isnt to reliable and may take a few years... or a person steping on it... to go off. :shock:

BC

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm free from the 20th 'til the 26th... BC, Drew, either of you free then?

That Angeles Range looks badass BC--a good variety of distances, especially.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
No such thing as free with my job... sadly. I have the weekends off but im on call 24/7...

BC

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Scatch Maroo said:
That Angeles Range looks badass BC--a good variety of distances, especially.
Yep, its a decent range (for California). I have done some Tac-Ops rifle evals over there.

MEL

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I just wish it went to 1,000 yards... and i wish the owner would even out the land a little more... it slopes uphill. :? Thats where the Salt Flats come into play. :)

BC

·
Registered
524 Posts
!

Yeah, the Angeles range is OK..... could be a lot nicer.

My schedule has been really hecktic recently but let me know when you fellas are getting together and I will try my best to make it.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Hey... i was just thinking. Instead of the Angeles Range i could get you guys on base? We have an unlimited range for sniper use... well its not unlimited but it goes out past 3,000 yards. Or... we could use the regular rifle range... but it only goes out to 500 yards. :D No one can have any past or present felony convictions... you must legally own all firearms and ammunition you bring... you would have to sign in each firearm and each box of ammunition... things like that. Just a thought...

BC

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
That sounds like a lot of fun. You would probably end up getting non-cali people wanting to go out for that.

John

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
As of right now its just an idea... i would have to clear it with my CO and the range master... and do all the paper work and all that junk. As of right now... just an idea.

BC

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There aren't any felonies under my name Edwardo Gonzalez... yes, Edwardo... ;-)

But in actuality, that'd be really awesome if we could do something of that sort. If not, I think the Angeles range wouldn't be an issue, lest Flea has a better recommendation?

Drew, when are you free (specific days/mornings/afternoons/etc.)?

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
To tell ya the truth... when i want to shoot i go to the military ranges on base here. But... when i want to shoot with my dad... we go out to the desert... since they dont allow him to bring his "military" weaponry... Same with the Angeles Range... they dont like people bringing things that shoot fast... and if im going on a shoot day with some friends... im going to bring things that shoot fast...

BC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The range master goes to church on Sunday... so i guess we cant use the base range... plus my CO said it isnt a good idea to bring people ive only spoken with over the internet onto base. :? . We could always go out to the desert... or to the Angeles Range. Id preffer to go to the Desert since i want to bring a few toys they dont allow at Angeles... but if you guys want to go to Angeles thats fine with me.

BC

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The desert would be great--I could get a chance to shoot the 50 then, too.

Any chance we could set up steal targets at random distances and practice unmeasured shots?

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
222 Posts
Desert sounds good was talking to Scatch and we can do any day from Sun - Wed I think Scatch said he could free up Friday but I don't think I can. Anyways I wont to come we just need to set up a time and place to meet together.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Bradshaw would be a nice place to go. It's a camping area totally safe. Remote though never been there when othere people were there. PLus when they bomb and stuuf it is so far away you never see it just hear it WAY out in the distance

1 - 20 of 30 Posts