Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if you've seen this yet guys.

"DigitalHunter™ by ELCAN Optical Technologies is a riflescope for the 21st century. It is a fully digital sighting system designed to bring the benefits of modern technology to enhance the enjoyment and safety of your hunting experience. Embracing the digital age, DigitalHunter™ bridges the gap to pass along the great hunting tradition. Rugged and easy to use, DigitalHunter™ is a revolution in riflescope technology, departing from the obsolete glass-and-metal riflescopes of yesteryear and bringing today's serious hunters enabling benefits only offered by modern technology.

Technology has improved much of our hunting experience - from GPS and miniature two-way radios to digital scouting cameras and LED flashlights. Innovations in clothing material enable us to better enjoy the great outdoors. Many hunters now carry digital cameras into the field to re live the moment with friends and family. Riflescope technology, however, has remained essentially unchanged.

Since the 19th century, riflescope technology has consisted of glass mounted in a metal tube clamped to a rifle. Engineering improvements have facilitated lighter weight and better light transmission, but the basic design remains the same. Even the currently singular function of the riflescope has not evolved - to control the impact point of the bullet. All this is about to change..."

Long story short, this scope will give you video/pictures before during and after the shot... it gives you the choice of reticles you want... on demand...

Mel, can I try to get one of these for review?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Make the call in the AM then.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
And the price is........?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Too much for me!!! :)

BC

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Around 1500. lol sorry.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Not as much as i thought it would be... very good price if its reliable and the servo's are accurate. :) Question... is it .50BMG rated?

BC

·
Registered
148 Posts
thats pretty fancy. However i think i'll stick to the ol' tube, glass, and knobs. my saying: "If it ain't broke, then don't fix it! However you can improve on it."

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I dont know what made me think of this... but... this would make some good "gun camera footage" for the major news channels... imagine them showin an insurgent gettin poped on national television... dont think it will happen but i know the documentaries would show it. And... you deffinitly have convermation of a kill when you record it using your scope... just hope it doesnt run out of batteries right when ya need it most... :)

BC

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Horrible day at work today so maybe my head is off but...

I heard that there has been talk about making these things standard for LE sharp shooters. For court play back and general legal hub-bub.

-snowy

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i heard the same thing.... it will record the 2.5 seconds before the shot, and the 2.5 seconds after the shot....or a full five seconds either before or after...

triggered by the ... well... trigger...

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I can see how that would be a good and a bad thing.
I can't imagine the implication of that thing making life easier for sharpshooters and snipers.

-snowy

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
One consern for LE would be that it records things after the shot something that you could not see before or during the shot. The whole video would in court, not just what you could see, hear, and feel when deciding to shoot, and any attorney would punce on that one. trying to explain shoot dont shoot to a grand jury is hard enough without extra input that you could not use at the exact moment in time being admitted.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I can see how that would happen....what was a millsecond to the sniper now has a "pause" feature so everyone can take an hour to study it all when he needed to decide right then and there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts