Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are several PALM-based or similar PDAs out there that double as on the fly ballistics calculators, one of which includes bullet specificdata and calculates wind drift and other inputs in making its determination of windage and elevation (NOT the horus system) Here is the link to the one I was looking at for a while:

http://www.constantforce.com/index2.htm I would like to see a review of such equipment.

I recognize the utility in being able to calculate things manually, especially if the gizmo breaks or battery dies, but click click pull the trigger is pretty nice too. :lol:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I last contacted Carl (february 2004), he offered to comp me the Palm software if I was going to install it on a new Plam model and tell them how it worked. I'll forward that email to you.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'd be very interested to see how accurate it is, and how complex. Do they even make a Palm that would survive field conditions?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes and no. Yes if you get one of the waterproof, shock shield cases as an accessory. I would not bet on it if you didn't get the shock shield case.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
"If it positively, absolutely, has to be distroyed over-night, call in the Marines"

:wink:

Its funny actually, McMillan states somewhere that absolutely nothing is Marine proof, they have had 2 stocks returned on their M40A1's. Which, quite honestly, is nothing short of remarkable!

MEL

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
how did ya break the McMillian M40A1 stock? must have taken some fall or hit something real hard heh
if the McMillian cant survive field conditions then what can?

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Heh, my point exactly! Not much can survive field conditions! The M40A1 has been in service for nearly 30 years... for only two stocks to be returned in from the entire USMC in 30 years is amazing. A testiment to McMillan stocks. Though I just don't think a Palm Pilot could make the same claim. :wink:

MEL

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
heh 2 stocks out of however many M40A1s they had is quite good
the ones that did break i wonder how
were they ran over by an M1A1 Abrams? were they dropped out of a helicopter at 500 feet?
how would the HS Precision stock on the M24 SWS.. the M40A1's Army counterpart compare???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts