Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´m searching for info on a Yugoslav sniper rifle named Elmech M994, has any one ever heard of it before?

Made during the 90s, made in caliber 300win mag and 308.

Any info would be appriciated :D
Im starting up a collection of European sniper rifles and have been offerd this rifle but seller cant tell me much about it.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Hmm

It looks like m93 sniper rifle to me!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've never seen one just like that before...
What is the action derived from? Mauser? It's hard to tell from the pic, sorry.
It looks pretty cool though, buy it anyway and do the research later is what I say. The stock on that thing looks like it has the same little... "lump" that the m93 has, but I don't think that's an M93 predacessor. I'd need to know more, like the action type.
Good luck with that, and no worries, it took 18 months for me to know what I wanted in a Mosin-Nagant sniper rifle.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:eek: It dont think it looks like a M93..Here is a better pic of the bolt.

Very confusing, are there two Yugo rifles named M93? I I have found on Zastava that looks like a beefed up Mauser rifle and another M93 named "black eagle" in 50cal?

I have found nothing on this rifle...... :(

·
Registered
261 Posts
Well the standard 93 is a beefed up 98 mauser, while the .50 is... actually im not sure what the black eagle is.

Hm... I've googled every combo of "elmech" and "m994" there is, but I can't find anything on it.
If I were you I would ask all the other sniper forums (the Hide, etc). There's a lot of people that may know on places like that.

Sorry. Buy it anyway that's pretty sweet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,
I dig up this post because I have the happiness to possess Elmech!

Here he is:

Result of a shooting in 200 M.:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Looks a lot like a Tikka LSA 55 action with a slightly different bolt thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's an Elmech EMM 992
The action inspired by Tikka M65 sporster, the cannon is a Sako.

Originally caliber is 7,62 x 51mm (308 NATO).

The French laws being very restrictive, this one is in 30-284 W.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Very nice Strummer. Interesting rifle. It's good to see that there is still at least one French man armed with a rifle.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
strummer said:
really, we are much less numerous than you, but we fight for our rights
If the rights outlined in the American Consitution are "God given inalienable" rights then they extend to all men everywhere and it's good to hear we have French brothers willing to stand up for what is theirs.

Oh yeah, I want one of these rifles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
oneeyedmac said:
If the rights outlined in the American Consitution are "God given inalienable" rights then they extend to all men everywhere and it's good to hear we have French brothers willing to stand up for what is theirs.

Oh yeah, I want one of these rifles.
Regrettably, our constitution is very different! Most laws which govern weapons date 1939 just before the beginning of the WW2 and they are very restricting and obsolete.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
The anit-federalists were heavily influenced by Baron de Montesquieu, the French writer and philospher. He had a huge influence on the form of the US Constitution and is thought to be the individual who was the second heaviest influence on the consitution behind Thomas Jefferson.

On the thought of the second amendment the patriot "Patrick Henry argued against ratification of the Constitution by Virginia, in part because the Constitution permitted a standing army and gave the federal government some control over the militia. Henry objected to the lack of any clause forbidding disarmament of individual citizens; "the great object is that every man be armed . . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun.""
(exerpt taken from http://www.foac-pac.org/laws/Vandercoy.html)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Our historic past is different ...and the French mentality has its peculiarities ! :wink:

·
Registered
8 Posts
If somebody looks for Elmech, I know a gunsmith in Switzerland who sells it (300Win.Mag)...

I can give a link towards his site.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I´m searching for info on a Yugoslav sniper rifle named Elmech M994, has any one ever heard of it before?

Made during the 90s, made in caliber 300win mag and 308.

Any info would be appriciated :D
Im starting up a collection of European sniper rifles and have been offerd this rifle but seller cant tell me much about it.

Thank you.
this rifle is very good we use in croatia in war.you will never regret it if you buy it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts