Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Millbrae is a fairl affluent town just adjacent south of San Francisco.

Scatch Maroo

MILLBRAE
2 teens arraigned in attack on couple
Adults at bus stop refused to buy alcohol for youths
Ryan Kim, Chronicle Staff Writer
Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Two Daly City teenagers who allegedly attacked a Millbrae couple after they refused to buy them alcohol were arraigned Tuesday on charges of attempted murder, assault and battery for their roles in the Saturday morning incident that left a third accomplice dead from a stab wound.

Authorities say Marco Bolanos, 19, Michelle Cardarelli, 18, and 20-year- old Dwayne Beverly were driving down El Camino Real at 6:45 a.m. after a night of partying when they pulled over at a Safeway supermarket. They asked an unidentified Millbrae couple waiting for a bus to buy them alcohol, said Martin Murray, a San Mateo County prosecutor.

When the couple refused, the three suspects got out of the car and began attacking the man and woman, Murray said. He said it was unclear what words had been exchanged, but the suspects indicated they felt disrespected by the couple.

"It's a senseless crime," Murray said. "You're at a bus stop at 7 a.m. on your way to work. You don't expect that kind of violent reaction. It's not the kind of activity we expect to see in sleepy Millbrae on a Saturday morning."

Murray said Beverly and Bolanos had begun attacking and punching the male victim, who responded by brandishing a 3 1/2-inch pocket knife. He said the suspects then retrieved a Club, a device used to prevent auto thefts.

During the ensuing fight, the male victim, who was hit with the metal club, stabbed Beverly in the chest, authorities said. Sometime during the incident, Bolanos also used the Club against the female victim, hitting her over the head numerous times, Murray said. He said Cardarelli had punched the female victim and held her down while Bolanos attacked her.

A short time after Beverly was stabbed, the three suspects got back into their bronze Toyota Camry and fled with Beverly at the wheel, Murray said. Police found the trio on the Millbrae Avenue overpass at Highway 101 after Beverly collapsed. He was taken to San Francisco General Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

The female victim was also taken to San Francisco General with head injuries but was released later that day. Her husband, who sustained injuries to his arms, will not be charged in the case, Murray said.

"At this point we don't anticipate filing charges against him unless new information develops," Murray said. "At this point it appears to be self- defense."

Police said they would not release the names of the two victims out of fear for their safety.

"There is some gang-related information we are looking at, possibly that the suspects are affiliated with a gang out of San Francisco," said San Mateo County Sheriff's Lt. Lisa Williams.

Bolanos was arraigned in San Mateo County Superior Court on charges of attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon and battery. He did not enter a plea. Cardarelli was arraigned on one count of battery and pleaded not guilty Tuesday. Both were assigned attorneys through the county's private defender program.

Bolanos, who faces up to life in prison if found guilty on all counts, was in San Mateo County Jail without bail. The bail for Cardarelli, who faces up four years if convicted, was set at $25,000.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... CN1DM1.DTL

·
Registered
524 Posts
!

Some people do not have any common sense.

My Sister was working at a drug store when the manager was stabbed 5 times by a guy who tried to shoplift $10.00 in gum. The manager went up to him and asked him politly to put the items back and leave and he would not call authorities, but the guy pulled out a knife and stabbed him 5 times before running out of the store. The manager is fine (sometimes it pays to have lots of body fat) and the guy was caught (security cameras everywhere caught his face). Turns out he is a third striker who will not never get out of jail.
For some gum!

Some people have no brains.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: !

FLEA said:
I agree, but in the article, the man stabbed his attackers--I wanted to put emphasis on the statement that he won't be charged for stabbing (and ultimately killing) one of the youths who attacked him and his wife.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
524 Posts
Re: !

Scatch Maroo said:
FLEA said:
I agree, but in the article, the man stabbed his attackers--I wanted to put emphasis on the statement that he won't be charged for stabbing (and ultimately killing) one of the youths who attacked him and his wife.

Scatch Maroo
Yeah I am with you there.....he was completely justified in taking that action to protect him and his wife.....just shocked me that all of it was over a refusal to buy them beer.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
i ask friends to get me rootbeer
they usually say sure and get it for me
i woudlnt ask a stranger and if i did id understand when they said no

idiot kids

EDITED BY THE SITE ADMIN (in bold)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

I just buy myself beer, gotta love these liberal British laws. :D :p

I love it when brats ask me to buy them alcohol or cigs, as I get to give them a lecture on how smoking is bad and that their too young to drink hehe...
Normally 4-5 mins in they get bored and wander off, but still, entertains me... :shock:

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Ah, I let that one slip by me, Mel...Root beer it is.

Yep, its not too polite to ask strangers to buy your root beer for ya...

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
shikaku said:
lol

arraigned - what does this mean?
Sentenced for commiting a crime...

BC

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ballistic_Coefficiency said:
shikaku said:
lol

arraigned - what does this mean?
Sentenced for commiting a crime...

BC
BC, I think you mean (formally) charged with a crime?

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I was putting it into "more simple" terms for the one who did not know what it was... K.I.S.S. works good :wink:

BC

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good point Recoil... literary blunders all around! :oops:

Scatch Maroo

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Too true, we do keep each other honest, at least lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts