Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my plans for my custom rifle have hit a BIG problem. Gun parts over the value of $100 need to have an export permit. My Badger O M4 floor plate doesn't seem like it will happen now :cry: The other parts that im after like the BO Tactical bolt knob and maximised recoil lug are no worries though.

Does anyone know whats involved with an export permit?

Cheers

Mulga :)

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I am sorry to hear that! While I don't have experience with export permits, do let me know if there is anything I can do to help

MEL

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mel.

The story so far is the two components that exceed USD$100 is the McMillan stock and the Badger Oordance floorplate. Customs on my end are ok and I can get a free import permit, pay my 10%GST and $100-150 in fees when any of the items get here. No worries 8)

The problem that I have is that a stock and florplate are classed as gun parts (US state department?) and and are over USD$100 in value and hence need and export permit. . The permit usually takes between 30 and 40 days., and ive heard it can take up to 3 months :shock: .

Just to get an idea of what Brownells charges in USD$

$10 for the export documentation
$5 shippers export decleration fee
$5 pakaging fee
$10 insurance
$?? Brokerage fee (to determine if the country the package is destined for can accept what is being sent)
$?? shipping

What a drama :(

I have written to McMillan to see what thier costs in fees, shipping, waiting times are etc. and I haven't heard back.

Has any one here on the forum delt with McMillan before? I would prefer to buy both items from the to simplify the process.

Thanks in advance guys

Mulga :)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
What a scam!!! It sounds like you need a mail drop in the US, or friend in the US Military that can have parts shipped to him/her in OZ via their APO address.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I have delt with McMillan, but it was over the phone, and all was well. Perhaps you need to just call them?

MEL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts