1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PhotoID: 200531121115
Submitted by: MCB Hawaii
Operation/Exercise/Event: PacDiv Matches

Col. Richard C. Roten (left), deputy commander of MCB Hawaii, stands behind celebrating Troy L. Allenbaugh, "double-distinguished" shooter. Allenbaugh received his fourth M1 Garrand rifle for his performance.

BC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whenever the USMC updates there website... the link to the image changes... :? Looks like ill have to upload the pic to photobucket and do it that way.

EDITED : Pic is back up.

BC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man... that guy winning all those nice rifles makes me wanna join a rifle team :D That is one nice looking rifle... bet she will shoot nice as well.

BC

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Did anyone notice the lovely tiger stripe grain on that stock?

That is a lovely rifle. Almost makes me want to go out and mug that marine. Almost. I said almost.

Mad

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That could be very dangerous. :shock: Even though the guy is a POG :lol: ... the USMC has a thing called the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program... its based on Jujitsu. :twisted:

BC

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
What's a POG?

Anyway, engaging the guy in fisticuffs was not my plan. My idea would be to intimidate the guy with my 6', 155 pound physique.

And while he was laughing, I'd snatch up the rifle and run. But with my luck the guy would have a CCW permit. And no doubt he'd be an expert pistol shot. An expert, pissed off, pistol shot.

It would probably be safer just to buy a Garand. But that rifle is so pretty that it gets one thinking crazy thoughts.

Actually, I have an 1895 Mauser with wood similar to that. And if someone tried to steal it, I'd lose my mind.

Mad

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
madgunsmith said:
What's a POG?
Mad
Todays GI Jargon lesson with BC...

Today we are studying the fraze POG.

Its a "derogitory" term used by non POG's to call some one a desk jockey... chair warmer.. ect. POG actually stand for Personell Other than Grunt. You pronounce it POUGUE. :D

BC

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

Personel Other than Grunt?

So its a compliment then! :D

Why don't you join your shooting team BC? From what you have said you sound like a good shot, and surely your unit has a team. I am on my first season with our rifle team as one of their new shots, (I am not at the experienced shots standards, some of the guys shoot amazingly). The team wipe the floor with the competition usually.

Did I mention this was a reserve Logistics Core team?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No... my unit does not have a rifle team. And id really like to keep my job as is... it took me forever and a day to get it... and im extreemly lucky to have it. Plus... im a huge adrenaline junky... and i think i would kinda get bored sittin at the range every day... with my current job i get to do some pretty crazy stuff... and i like that.

BC

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Yimmy: Personel Other than Grunt?

So its a compliment then! :D
Obviously you forgot you were dealing with Marines. :D

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The guy is one of the best shooters with iron sights in the whole USMC. He has multiple distinguished shooting awards... wich is extremly good. Probably won a Division level rifle competiton to get the M-1.

BC

·
Registered
238 Posts
not to sound gay, but i used one of those in medal of honor: pacific assault

lol, but yah it looks pretty cool - also used a mauser|dont know if its the same as yours|

·
Registered
222 Posts
Actually you sound really gay. Moving a mouse and clicking a button is nothing compared to what that guy can do.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I kinda know where he's coming from, lol, I play a lot of games. Cool to experience the rifles in real life, since playing the games makes you want them. Love my Garand.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I play computer games too... but i dont compare them to an expert marine rifleman with a National Match M-1 Garand. :|

BC

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I dont' think he was comparing the game to the man. Was just commenting that he had used one virtually. It may very well be the closest some people get to a rifle like that. I doubt he meant any disrespect.

MEL

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
It says that this is the fourth Garand that he has won.

I wish he were less greedy. He could give or sell me one of them.

Actually, I think that everyone ought to have at least one Garand. They are such sweet shooters. It is too bad that they are so expensive.

Mad

1 - 20 of 69 Posts