Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7RUM and a .300 Weatherby that could use tamed a little. Both are hunting rifles and i dont want to usw muzzlebrakes. I was wondering if anyone here has used the Falcon Strike recoil pad. If so i would like to hear about it's efficiency.
Thanks
Chad

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why against muzzle brake? It’s any effective way to reduce felt recoil.
I had one on a .338 winchester mag when i got a shot on a whitetail in bush i can still hear the ringing. My dad also hated when i brought that gun hunting. I have them on all my long range guns. I agree with you though they are very effective.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I had one on a .338 winchester mag when i got a shot on a whitetail in bush i can still hear the ringing. My dad also hated when i brought that gun hunting. I have them on all my long range guns. I agree with you though they are very effective.
The other choice is a can. It has kind of a weird recoil, but it does reduce the kick..

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have a pair of impact sport electronic ear muffs and they filter out the sound of gun shots but you can still hear RO instructions when at the public range. I really like the recoil reduction so I started using the impact sport muffs in my dog house blind when I hunt and I'm not using a can. If the hydraulic pads don't get it done I'd still consider putting a break on the rifle and using hearing protection. My hearing is bad from my days on the flight line so most of my game identification is by sight. Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse but I'm a big fan of breaks even on handguns which are also outlawed up there too..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a pair of impact sport electronic ear muffs and they filter out the sound of gun shots but you can still hear RO instructions when at the public range. I really like the recoil reduction so I started using the impact sport muffs in my dog house blind when I hunt and I'm not using a can. If the hydraulic pads don't get it done I'd still consider putting a break on the rifle and using hearing protection. My hearing is bad from my days on the flight line so most of my game identification is by sight. Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse but I'm a big fan of breaks even on handguns which are also outlawed up there too..
I have a few guns with brakes but ill take the kick before i put one on a hunting rifle. I appreciate your input though.
Thanks
Chad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts