Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, everyone who hunts here should dig this one.

I know I commented on it before but I hadn't understood as much about it then as I do now. Federal's new bullet, the Fusion, looks like its going to rock.

Its a bonded core bullet, but not as expensive as the others. Looks like a regular bullet, the kind that don't have exposed lead. But the bonding is electrochemical, and not mechanical like the others, so this one won't cost anything extra.

What they do is soak the lead in a tank of metal for 20 hours, so the jacket forms over it one layer at a time for a molecular bond. Then when its formed they smash it with a five sided punch to make the fault lines the bullet will open up along. Gives more than 2X expansion and retains 80% of its weight...Oh yeah, and its boat tailed :D

Should be like 18.00 a box or something.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
$18 a box for what caliber?

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably everything from .243 to 30-06, BC...haven't seen it in stores yet...Around here though, it should cost that much, with the magnums being 26.00

·
Registered
777 Posts
I'm certainly all for new bullets. But every once in a while I can't help but preach:

"...and on the seventh day Barnes created boat-tailed Triple Shock X-Bullets, and it was very good, and they rested..."

:wink:

If your rifle likes them, shoot the TSX bullets. Of course they are a little expensive...

whoops, damn I dropped that third stone tablet..."I bring you these fifteen...........smash.........TEN commandments!"

Sorry gentlemen, couldn't help having a little fun, the fusion bullets look like a good thing, and not so pricey either.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All good, Bead Drawer, that round is tough to beat!

I do wanna see the 300 grain Fusion round for 45-70 Govt though.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah, I did a rough conversion that would save you 3 bucks on what I pay for em. It would probably cost you less than 18, depending on the store you shop at. Should be the same price as a blue box of "Powershok" or whatever its called.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Bead Drawer said:
whoops, damn I dropped that third stone tablet..."I bring you these fifteen...........smash.........TEN commandments!"
LMFAO BEST MOVIE IN EXISTANCE. Aside from monty python and the holy grail of course.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i paid $15.50 per box back in april for 180 grain .308.
I still havent used it though. :(

oh, i bought it at Sportsman's Warehouse.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whoa! Back from the thread graveyard!

Welcome aboard, Tex...What would a box of Core Lokt cost, just for my curiousity

·
Registered
59 Posts
$14.99/box at Midway in 150, 165, or 180gr.

I saw it on their web site a while ago and noticed that it was pretty inexpensive. Anybody know how it is on accuraccy?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i checked Sportsman's Warehouse after work.

150 grain .308 is $14.50 per box for cor lokt.

150 grain is all they carry though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts