Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help guys. I don't know the exact laws on gun shipments. I know if you ship a complete gun you need an FFL. But what if I am just shipping a stock, or just an action and barrel? I could really use comments. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
APK-223 said:
I need some help guys. I don't know the exact laws on gun shipments. I know if you ship a complete gun you need an FFL. But what if I am just shipping a stock, or just an action and barrel? I could really use comments. Thanks in advance.
You dont need an FFL to ship a gun... you need one to recieve a gun. There are a few different types of FFL's... keep in mind. The only part that requires an FFL to be shiped to you is the reciever / frame. The part with the serial number on it. All parts other than the reciever / frame you can ship anywhere (in the US)... there just parts. For instance... i can order every single part for an AR-15 straight to my door... no background check or anything... straight to my door. But the lower reciever has to be shipped to a local FFL dealer who must send his / her FFL to the sender... then you must pick up the reciever / frame at the FFL dealer. You can... however... ship a gun to a repair shop / manufacturer and it will be shiped directly back to you.

BC

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Long story short. If its got a serial number on it, you cant get it shipped directly to your house.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts