Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
You need to recheck your facts.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Or rather yes magnification does play a part and your objective lense plays a part in magnification. Regardless the objective lense radius directly corresponds to the possible paralax movement. As I said, I think its radius like 50mm @100 yards can have up to 25mm of paralax at that scopes maximum magnification

·
Registered
848 Posts
Oh... brother...

Isn't there any one in this forum who can moderate this?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Oh... brother...

Isn't there any one in this forum who can moderate this?
Its simple trig dude.. paralax potential is ALWAYS governed by the angle of inclination relative to the outside edge of the gathering plane.. in other words the dead center of scopes image created by the objective lense gathering the light (image) and the inclination from that central focus point to the outside edge of the object gathering the light. Don't know any other way to put this in layman's terms unless you are not seeing that I am using the word "potential "

·
Registered
492 Posts
Its simple trig dude.. paralax potential is ALWAYS governed by the angle of inclination relative to the outside edge of the gathering plane.. in other words the dead center of scopes image created by the objective lense gathering the light (image) and the inclination from that central focus point to the outside edge of the object gathering the light. Don't know any other way to put this in layman's terms unless you are not seeing that I am using the word "potential "

I'm saying at worse case or full magnification on a scope without any paralax compensation you have thr POTENTIAL lets say with a 50mm objective lense to have 25mm worth of paralax shift at 100 yards. If the scope is set to be paralax free at 100 yards then you would have the 25mm POTENTIAL at 200 yards and so on

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Can you finish it to match the tungsten grey grip and handguard? And also its from a 80% lower.. does that cause any legal issues in shipping?

We can coat everything Cerakote Tungsten Gray and it will match. We don’t guarantee to match other colors as even the same color in different lot numbers is sometimes slightly different. The easy thing to do is to coat the grip and handguard at the same time to ensure they match.

As far as 80% lowers, that is a new one for me. I have a call in to the ATF and they will let me know. It will probably be Monday or Tuesday before they call back, but I will let you know when I find out.

·
Registered
492 Posts
We can coat everything Cerakote Tungsten Gray and it will match. We don’t guarantee to match other colors as even the same color in different lot numbers is sometimes slightly different. The easy thing to do is to coat the grip and handguard at the same time to ensure they match.

As far as 80% lowers, that is a new one for me. I have a call in to the ATF and they will let me know. It will probably be Monday or Tuesday before they call back, but I will let you know when I find out.
Pm me when you get the details. I would be interested.. i do like that raw finish on the upper and lower but definitely would at least be interested in having the upper dont and its not a controlled item so it should be simple but pm me and ill give you my contact info

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Pm me when you get the details. I would be interested.. i do like that raw finish on the upper and lower but definitely would at least be interested in having the upper dont and its not a controlled item so it should be simple but pm me and ill give you my contact info

I finally got a clear answer on this from the ATF. PM sent.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, if its FFP that is likely the paralax (or side focus) and that makes all the difference in the world at long range. Your paralax is equal to your objective lense size at 100 yards so example if you have a 55mm objective lense then you have the potential for 55mm of being off, at 200 yards the goes to 110mm , 400 yards 220mm and so on so you can see that having that paralax adjustment can make a big difference at long range

The parallax adjustment means the difference between just hitting the gong and hitting a quarter repeatedly at distance. With the parallax set incorrectly my eye(s) cannot get a clear defined view above 6x. I change left to right shooting, being ambidextrous is a nice gift.
Pistol shooting I use my left hand & eye, iron sights.

·
Registered
492 Posts
The parallax adjustment means the difference between just hitting the gong and hitting a quarter repeatedly at distance. With the parallax set incorrectly my eye(s) cannot get a clear defined view above 6x. I change left to right shooting, being ambidextrous is a nice gift.
Pistol shooting I use my left hand & eye, iron sights.
Yep, for hunting or 100-150 yard, parallax is negligible, most scopes without parallax adjust are built to be parallax free @50, 100, 150 yards depending on the scope but I noticed that as well , when I first changed to FFP things would be blurry until I dialed the parallax into correct yardage. My groups reduced size by easy 50% at 300 yards and further when I switched to ffp with parallax adjustment. Its funny, we studied and learned the formulas for parallax in astronomy in high-school but never really though about it in target shooting till I got my first scope with parallax adjustment.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts