Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the David Tubb Final Finish Bore Polishing System?

It is advertised to give dramatic increases in accuracy of up to 60% by using a series of 50 bullets with five different levels of abrasives. Does anyone know if this is a realistic expectation?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Unless your barrel is a complet TERD that info is BS.
I've never used them because I buy good barrels and don't
have a need for it. I've had friends that used it on really
bad barrels that did show improvement but not much.

It's lapping your barrel as the bullet goes down the bore.
If you have a good barrel .............you just shot some steel
out of barrel for no reason.

I don't mean to keep you from trying it.
Use it a a resource if you NEED to but don't look for a
60% improvement or you'll be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
We would all like to be able to buy high end barrels custom made with no tooling marks... but fact is most people cant afford them. Even my favorite LTR and other "custom shop" Remington Mil / LE barrels come with tooling marks... The Lilja bore comparison video prooves this quite effortlessly. When you find your bore has tooling marks... or it is rediculously diffucult to clean... your bore is probably not so smooth. I have an older Win 70 with a somewhat heavy varmint barrel in .223 win caliber... and when i finally got sick and tired of it taking rediculous ammounts of time to clean and i noticed it would collect more fouling than most of my other rifles... i had a local gunsmith load up some fire lapping rounds for me. I do beleive he used the Tubb Final Finish bullets... and it worked great. It use to take me at least 2 hours to clean the barrel after around 200 rounds of ammo. Now it takes me around 45 minutes. Accuracy also increased from around .75 MOA to .35 - .40 MOA 5 shot groups @ 100 yards distance.

All in all... if you have a factory barrel that is showing signs of tooling marks / excessive fouling build up... try it out.

BC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts