Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get my Sig P226 and Glock 26 re-finished. What are some durable finishes for sidearms? They get carried every day at work and take alot of abuse. A company with a fast turnaround would be good because I'll be off for about 3 weeks for vacation and would like to get it done during that time if possible.

·
Registered
565 Posts
SIG has a "special" coating they apply to the ....er... AL-SO, was it? It's at least suppoed to protect against rust.

Why on earth you need a new finish on a Glock is beyond me. More durable finish is, as far as I know, impossible to get.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Gun-Kote is very durable, self lubricating
Teflon is also a good finish, also self lubricating
Bird-song is excellent, but not cheap or fast.
Always the standard parkerizing, blueing, etc.

Kamatz, In terms of the Glock, the slide is metal with a standard finish, I can see why a refinish job may be necessary at some point in a glock's life.

MEL

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Sig is the main problem. The finish is gone on the foward half of the slide and my dept. has no program to issue me a Sig to use while mine gets re-finished. I'd rather not wait 9 years til I retire to get it done.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Re-finishing a Glock...the thought is completely alien to me :shock: I mean, I scratched my issued G17 against rocks, rusty metal, keys, stainless steel...and it was always the other part coming out with scratches.

Oh well...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

How so?

Are these standard issue guns we are talking about, or personal weapons with the okay to use them?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's my standard sidearm issued by the dept. and it's against dept. rules to carry any gun except the one you qualified with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts