Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
PTSD or gun grab

This is heinous treatment and an abuse of power that goes along with the Napolitano labling of veterans as domestic terrorists. How far can you stretch this? Could the govt go after vietnam vets, korean war vets as possible PTSD prone and therefore likely to be perpetrators of domestic terrorism too? God knows we came back to face a lot of animosity and outright hate and rejection. Maybe this is just a way to discourage vets from seeking treatment and save the govt money? Who knows what evil lurks behind closed doors inside he beltway........

Thank God it worked out without you having to take things even further. You are a patient man and I'm glad to see that rewarded.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I saw that you live off post. I know that if you never intend to bring your gun on base then there is no need to register on base (as far as i know from time spent as a gun owner in the Marines and i just got out last July). There were talks about this when i was in and my command talked to me about my personal weapons of which they knew i had many. I told them since i live off base then they can not and are not permitted to access my home without parmission by me to even check to see if i had guns still in my home and they knew i was correct on this matter. A fellow Marine however lived on base and they had the right to force him to give up his weapons BUT he opted to send them to my house instead where the "long arm" of the command has no reach. needless to say i ended up storeing 5 of my fellow Marines weapons/ safes in my house by the end of that week and the ones that were unlucky enough to get them into my house on time and had them checked intot he armory slowly but surely brought them into my house by checking them out and never checking them back in. they just simply told the command that the weapons were now safely stored in a secure location off base and the command could do nothing about it even if they knew i was the one holding them. We take care of our own is what i always say. If we dont no one else will.

Semper Fi
Mike

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks. When i got out of the Marines and moved out of J-ville it was a pain the butt. my entire spare bedroom was full of guns in cases with names marked on them. I had to go and buy a dead bolt for that room and a lock that had a 4 digit code from Home Depot just ot insure no one could easily break in. It was a hectic time in my life due to random calls when friends of mine wanted to go shoot wanted their guns to go shoot but in the end it was a good time even with the head aches that came along with helping them out. I am glad though that by the time i moved out of J-ville that most of them had moved off base and were only keeping them at my house for the convenience of the fact i was on the way to the gun range and also for the fact that i was the only one ballsy enough to tell the command "good luck" when they asked to take my guns. could very well be the reason i was NJPd so many times while i was in :shock: . but i never believed that just because they had rank meant they knew what was best for me and my guys.

I hope this situation has either been resovled or is about to be. im sorry but after reading all of the replies i lost track of what was going on currently.

Hope all is well
Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Glad this is resolved. I went to my private doctor for my annual check up and there was a questionaire asking my health history and if I owned any firearms, I ripped it up and told them you have my health history and it's none of your GD business if I own a firearm; and you are no longer my doctor so give me my records NOW. BTW, all VA information goes to TSA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I dont know if this is really illegal... however i do find it immoral as i am now unable to defend myself, my family, nor my property...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
With the hysteria spun up by the mainstream media, gun owners should be mindful of the far left’s desire to deny us of our 2nd amendment rights.

Careful what you post on social media, it can used against you. Regardless of your Jeffersonian views, unless you have a tidy sum for attorneys fees, let caution rule.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts