Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

First Focal Plane Scope

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  BPeters 
#1 ·
I have a Nikon FX1000 MRAD 6-24x50. It’s a FFP. What are the pros and cons of an FFP scope vs a regular one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I used to only have sfp scopes and switched to mrad trees on ffp scopes and I can't say that I see any cons to ffp.. just my opinion.. i guess maybe one "could" be that on lowest magnification that the reticle is small but with my glasses on that isn't a issue for me.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

#4 ·
First focal plane scopes are usually more expensive than second focal plane scopes. However, the advantages of the first focal plane rifle scopes far outweigh the additional price tag. First focal plane optics enables a shooter to see what is called the "true" bullet drop for the exact distance marked on each specific scope. Basically, this means that if you know the distance to your target and use it with first focal plane optics, you can accurately predict where the bullet will strike. See here,
Bicycle part Auto part Audio equipment Camera accessory Tool

Gesture Auto part Tool Font Fashion accessory

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.