Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
1) Welcome to the boards!
2) Although I don't want to discourage you from writing a novel (an excellent project, I think), to quote a wise man who populates these boards...

Muzzleblast said:
Challenge is in making it legit lol...How about a movie where the first half hour is the team crawling...the next half hour is the team lying down at night...and the next half hour is the team very slowly getting ready to shoot...rifle fires. Credits roll.
Although he depicted the challenges of writing a screenplay (vs. a novel), I think you will find yourself in similar predicaments as the screen writer, lest you want to take the book into non-military related directions (perhaps you could take a Henry Miller approach to it, portraying the odd mentality of the sniper); that does not seem to be the direction you want your book to go, however, so I don't know if the advice is worth while.

I think the most riveting tales of heroism would come from those similar to who you wanted to be: grunts on the front line.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes!

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
994 Posts
jc71corvette said:
I seen FMJ many times, one main change from the Old Corps to today is there is no hitting or swearing from the DI's.
No swearing? What constitutes profanity?

Scatch Maroo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts