Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it says ballistics so I guess this goes here.

The big question........

if a .308 vortex flash hider is installed on a rifle does it affect the accuracy at all?

I'm considering a vortex after I get my rifle.....

or I'll go with the Norcal flash hider/dissapator they have, but that puppy is 600 bucks :shock:

so I'd rather check up on conventional flash hiders first.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Welcome to the boards "AR15.com's biggest freak" :lol:

Not sure that I can answer your question but thought that I would say Welcome! On arf the is a fella that has one on a rebarreled Remington and with the FH he only gets about 1MOA. Another artical I read stated that the use of a FH was for short range engagements and it DID affect accuracy. Fact or fiction ------- I do not know??

EDIT:
If you are going to drop $600 on one it needs to be the class 3 route. Try a triple x warror overbored to 308.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I have no personal experience with the vortex, but it probably comes down to the quality of the product being installed, and the installation itself.

MEL

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
caver101 said:
Welcome to the boards "AR15.com's biggest freak" :lol:

yeah I'm infamous over there for acting like a ten year old. I usually go to ar15.com to have fun. Some people don't like fun. :oops:

anyhow, well I don't want class 3 really. too much of a hassel with the LLC. I live in houston and our CLEO's are real assholes. well one is anyhow. Tommy Thomas on the other hand just got sick and tired of being bitched at by the anti-gunners.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Voldermortist said:
yeah I'm infamous over there for acting like a ten year old. I usually go to ar15.com to have fun. Some people don't like fun. :oops:
I don't hang out on AR15.com (as I cannot legally own *real* ARs in my state), but I imagine the sentiments regarding maturity there will be mirrored here.

Welcome, though!

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
yeah, we've tried to make people laugh here.... just doesnt work unless someone got hurt in the process.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts