Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I keep hearing lots of talk about floor plates. Ex.- montana riflemen and others compared to the standard "remingtion crap". can someone explain why these are better and how that affects the gun i would greatly appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the design of the remington floor plate, they are just made from a cheap aluminum alloy. While they are very light, they are also somewhat flemsy. Now, have I ever had one fail? No, I have not. But when you pick up a MT Rifleman floor plate, its instantly apparent that its much more durable with less slop. Its made of steel. (as well as the badger after market floor plates, and others).

MEL

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand the quality issue, but if it doesn't fail, what is the advantage to a better one? Just making sure it never fails?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
added insurance would be my best guess. In a field rifle.. you want to be able to beat the hell out of it and it still work and never break and hold zero.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
APK-223,

You point is well taken, and is one of the reasons why I didn't mind sticking with them for the SC1 series of rifles (the other being keeping the cost down).

MEL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts