Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy a new rifle. I am considering a rem 700pss and a FN patrol rifle. Can anyone give me any minuses for the FN and the Rem? I want around .5 to .75 moa with match handloads. Can these rifles deliver?

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Both of them should get you right in there for accuracy. But I like the stock on the remington better. I haven't got to handle a PBR much, but that will change soon as we are preparing for a review/writeup.... (hint hint to you know who :wink: )

MEL

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
havnt handled the FN Patrol Rifle yet, Remington 700P i own, outstanding weapon, like the stock on it
both should serve you well accuracy wise as mel has said

go to the store and handle both, see which you like better if you can

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
i say go with the remmy--you cant really go wrong

dom

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any negitives for the PBR? Is the Rem shot at the factory for accuracy like the fn? Are the FN's .5moa claim true? I have heard that the factory says all will shoot .5 moa, but i have not read this anywere.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
factory produced rifles are interesting like this
on any factory rifle you could get a 'lemon' that cant hold 1 MOA and the next rifle off the assembly line you can get an outstanding rifle that will shoot 1/2 moa, on the accurized 'law enforcement' heavy barreled weapons, its common to see them in the 1/2 - 3/4 moa range with match ammo... MOST of the time definitely sub MOA atleast

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
MOA, I think the .5 MOA accuracy standard came from the requirements of a trial for a new rifle for the high speed low drag FBI guys, Hostage Rescue Team. Two were selected, an FN rifle and a HS Precision rifle. The FN wasn't the patrol rifle, but they do shoot them at the factory like you said, and were capable of sub .5 accuracy.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Go with the Remington PSS, if you would like to speak about this in detail give me a call 310-275-8797

Michael Rescigno
Tactical Ops, Inc.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have shot them both and I really liked the FN. We usually carry FN rifles at work and they sure are nice. I am not taking anything away from the PSS cause they are awesome also, but the short fat barreled FN really felt and shot great. SD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts