Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to program into the forums any sort of spell-check feature, or perhaps, even a grammar check feature? I want to jam a golf ball into my eyes.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
yes, please. Understandably we have members from other parts of the world and this is a bit forgiveable, but when youve been raised speaking english, there is little cause for some of the errors we find.

·
Registered
152 Posts
mele said:
Any guyz no of a spelin chekr plug'n 4 phpbb ?? :shock:

MEL

Let me just say fer you fellers who think i aint got no learnin. Im frum Tejas an any o dem err's yall er findin in mah typin are a mattera dialect.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Meh, we should all just try to post logically and be professional about it...Would end up having to make people spend time in the leaning rest for not using the spell check anyway. I agree with you guys, sometimes it takes a cryptologist to decipher some of the posts around here, but we can all just try to do better.

What about when half of the loyal readers seem to be hitting the sauce? Mel must love that. :oops:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hey! You can't... what the Hell is the word... prove, that's it, prove, anything.

Me lovesh you... *Thud.*

·
Registered
932 Posts
Grammar police hijacks thread.

yes, please.
Yes, please.

you've or you have

guys

know

Not sure but shouldn't that be speling?

checker

Since I don't want to offend someone from Texas I won't hassle with Dead Roman's post. Although I appreciate the partiotism for his state I kindy ask him to continue his posts in English and not in his native Texan dialect.

Grammar police goes away.

Gunfan86 enters the thread.

I know that everybody can make a typo or something but since english is not my native language those typo's can be verry confusing. The examples of the error harvest above is not to offend or insult someone but merely to show that there are some mistakes or typo's made (some on purpose but those are for fun and not in a serious descussion about the working of guns or ammo).

I'm just trying to say that correct grammar makes it a lot easier for me to know what's going on. When I have to read a post three times or more to figure out what they meant I'm usually in another section of the forum and do not learn from the posts made in that particular thread, which could have been valuable lessons.

Just keep the discussion civilized and with arguments. Thanks for reading.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts