Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I appeared in traffic court recently as the defendant.

Anyhow, I noticed that the prosecutor and the traffic cop were both lazy and stupid. So I set out to take advantage of the situation.

Before court began, the prosecutor began calling out the names of the defendants. I remained silent. During the recess, the cop and the prosecutor called out more names. I ignored them when they called my name.

When court was back in session, I waited for the court clerk to call my name. She did so and I stepped forward before the court.

I noticed that lazy officer had gone home. He obviously thought that I was not in court and he expected that I would be easily convicted in absentia. Without an officer there, the prosecutor had the nerve to seek an adjournment. I opposed the adjournment application by pointing out the officer in charge of my case had abandoned the courtroom before my matter had been called. I argued that under such circumstances, an adjournment should never be granted.

Dim-witted judge blamed me. He said that I should have responded when the prosecutor called my name. I quietly explained to dim-witted judge that he was wrong. I explained that the defendant is under no obligation to talk to the prosecutor about anything. If the right to remain silent means anything, then the defendant is entitled to remain mute.

The adjournment was granted anyway. But that leads to what I am about to do next.

I plan to seek perogative relief. I will attend the Superior Court where I will move for a Writ of Prohibition. I will seek an Order that will prohibit the lower court to proceed any further against me. The best part about this is that there is an important principle at stake and the case will get reported. Once reported, it will cause the traffic ticket gestapo no end of problems. They will actually have to treat people fairly in traffic court.

I am certain of my chances. You see, I'm a lawyer and I am also quite

Mad

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Stick it to the man, Mad! I really hope you win this one.

Oh, and post your number in the Martial Arts thread, I feel no good coming of that one

:lol: Just kidding, all

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Listening to Mad talk makes me want to commit crimes just to watch him in court.

It would be worth probation to see this play out live.

-snowy

·
Registered
522 Posts
Mad,

Everytime I read one of your posts of this nature, it really motivates me to switch gears to Law instead of my current targeted Masters....

Oh yea by the way, I never ignore signs. I happily return them :D .....with a nice verbal tort to top it....... :lol:

Good luck with your vendetta.....*ducks*.......I mean mission. :lol:

(messing with ya man) :wink:

·
Registered
110 Posts
hell i always looked at road sings as a recommendation.

---ever wonder what stop really means----

Slight
Tap
On
Peddle

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ross,

You should move down to Cali....we invented that.

Now for story time.

My mom and I were in Michigan visiting family when we left my grandparents house in our rented vehicle. My mom gets pulled over a couple of blocks down. The officer says " do you know why I pulled you over? NO!!! You did a California stop back there. License and registration please." Looks at my mom's License, "Well well well, look where your from, California." He let my mom go but it was really funny. I would of laughed if my mom wasn't soo mad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts