Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this rifle to compete in benchrest. And the first time I bring it to a match I discover that muzzle brakes are not allowed. This rifle is amazingly accurate! GA Precision guarantees 3/8" groups at 100 yards and I am able to get that with Federal Gold Medal Match ammo. I keep logbooks for my rifles and I have 315 rounds through this rifle. It's got everything...Bartlein barrel...McMillan A3-5 Adjustable stock in o.D. Green...all metal is cerakoted black. It is built on a Templar action which iis in reality a Defiant action.....Timney trigger....Surefire Muzzle Brake..The rifle is set up to accept the latest Surefire 308 suppressor. The one that won the most recent SOCOM contract..I hate to sell it but I just don't shoot it enough to justify keeping it around and I want other things. I will even throw in a Harris bipod for the hell of it. If interested, please contact me and let's see what we can work out. Also comes with a 5 round AND a 10 round Accuracy International magazines. All of this was close to $5000.00 when brand new. I'm looking to get in the neighborhood of $3800.00....Thanks for taking the time to read this..

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Is the muzzle brake pinned and welded to the barrel? If not, just unscrew it and put on a thread protector. That should make it compliant with the rules and you could then "use it more". If it's a "masterpiece" then why sell it if you don't need to?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Threading a barrel is going to reduce the precision of the rifle. Bench rest shooters usually use bench rest single shot actions. He has the wrong rifle for bench rest applications

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interested in Superman1216's reply and a competitive BR competition .308 for long range to 1k yards. What would you recommend if the GA PRECISION FBI HRT is not suitable for BR competition? Thanks.
Just an FYI, when offering constructive criticism, why not offer your solutions?

·
Premium Member
5,234 Posts
Interested in Superman1216's reply and a competitive BR competition .308 for long range to 1k yards. What would you recommend if the GA PRECISION FBI HRT is not suitable for BR competition? Thanks.
Just an FYI, when offering constructive criticism, why not offer your solutions?
Buddy, you have a grand total of 4 posts on the forum, and you are making this kind of statement on an OP from 2015? It's good advice, especially on a classified ad, but I don't even know if superman remembers this thread exists.

The original poster himself hasn't said a thing on this forum in over 5 months.

-Nate

Reactions: Chui
1 - 12 of 12 Posts