Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you guys recomend for the base of a crawl ghillie suit?
I'm stuck between a pair of BDU's or a cover-all type suit.

Also anyone know where I can get some 1000 Cordura?

Sincerely,

Weston W.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Im a huge fan of jump suit ghillies... i have 3 of them. As far as supplies go... http://www.ghilliesuits.com/ . They have anything you could possibly need to make your own.

BC

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

Another option is to get an NBC suit, batter it up a bit and remove the charcole lining.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
NBC suits are terribly hot... i wouldnt want to use one as a ghillie base. MOP 4 + ghillie suit on top = heat stroke :lol:

BC

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Re: re

Yimmy said:
Another option is to get an NBC suit, batter it up a bit and remove the charcole lining.
:roll:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Doesnt matter if you remove the lining or not. It would still be hotter than hell. Any one who has worn MOP 4 knows that. Why would you buy a NBC suit for a few thousand dollors... and rip out the lining? Just use the winter bdu's if you want somthing more durable.

BC

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

By NBC suit, I mean the British issue one - I have no idea what the Americans use.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I have no clue what the brits use... but ours are rubber insulated with the charcoal liner inbetween the rubber and kevlar ****. I about died in kuwait wearing that **** during gas drills. Its 120 degrees to start off with... then your inside a friggin walking insulated heat attracting suit. Not my idea of fun...

BC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
But then again... thats MOP 4... you might be reffering to MOP 1 for protection from tear gas and that sort of stuff?

BC

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

I have no idea what MOP stands for. And why do you have a version for CS gas? I know it is an irritant, but really, all you need is the respirator.

The British NBC suit is just basically cloth with a charcole liner. Its hot and all what with running around, but isnt bad, especially when the liner is removed.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
MOPP... shortened to MOP

MOPP : Mission Oriented Protective Posture

Different MOPP's for different situations... MOP-1 is for tear gas and things of that nature... if we think there is a chance of having contact with enemy NBC then we go MOP-4.

BC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts